Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 08:04 AM   #1
jalperin
jalperin began at the beginning.

Unhappy Can't add book from iPhone to Calibre library

I have Calibre 07.23 running in Windows 7 with an iPhone 4 connected. Calibre shows "Connected iDevice", and I can properly browse either the Library or the Device. While browsing the Device, I right-click on a book and select Add book, but I get the following error:

Failed to read metadata from the following:

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll.epub
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\add.py", line 108, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\add.py", line 175, in add
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\add.py", line 186, in add_formats
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u"iTunes/Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll.epub"

Any idea why it can't see the file/directory?

--Jeff
jalperin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:22 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Fixed in next release (0.7.24). The fix is to disable copying books from iTunes/iDevices to calibre.
Reasons for disabling:
  • iBooks does not store ePubs in ePub format,
  • iDevices do not expose their file system directly, only through iTunes
It is possible to export a book from iTunes by dragging the book from the iTunes|LIBRARY|Books playlist to your desktop. That file can then be imported to calibre, either by dropping it on the main Library window, or using Add books to import it.

The ticket has been closed.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 10-11-2010 at 12:14 PM.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2010, 08:23 AM   #3
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
Dragging book from itunes to desktop doesn't work for me. Is it supposed to?

Using iTunes 10
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Works for me.

Are you dragging from the LIBRARY|Books playlist (not the iDevice's Books playlist)?

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote