Notices

Old 04-05-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
richreads
Connoisseur
richreads began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Glo,
[Old Thread] Library listing

Hi.
Is there any way to get a list of all the books that Calibre has it the your library?
I know I could generate it out of the directory listing but I was wondering is Calibre does this.

I've been using it for about a month now and it is fabulous.
Thanx for all the hard work that must go into it.

Rich
richreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #2
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
If you open a command prompt in the Calibre directory you can use "calibredb list".
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:38 AM   #3
richreads
Connoisseur
richreads began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Glo,
thanx - works great.
richreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #4
movieking
movieking began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
I have the same question, but don't really understand the answer (I usually don't work at the command prompt). So how can I get a text showing me all of the books that I have in calibre? Is it something that calibre can do? When I run calibredb list at the cmd line in the calibre directory, I can see all the books and authors, but how do I get that exported to a text or word file?
movieking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:33 AM   #5
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Code:
calibredb list >filename.txt
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #6
MajorMalfunction
MajorMalfunction doesn't litterMajorMalfunction doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Hi, I've been trying to do this for the past half hour and nothing is working. My library is over 10,000 books so I really need a list to share with a friend of mine. I can't seem to copy and paste from my cmd prompt to show you what's going wrong. I'm sure it has to do with misplaced punctuation, but maybe somebody can tell me exactly what to type to accomplish this? I haven't used DOS in so long I can't remember how to make it work properly.

I either get "access denied" or "is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file."

I'm using the latest release of Calibre. Could somebody who knows how to do this just type exactly what I should put in the command line, including punctuation, to make a text output file?

Thank you in advance for my n00bosity.
MajorMalfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:38 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See http://calibre-ebook.blogspot.com/ to learn how to create catalogs of books in your calibre library.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #8
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool hmmmm....

i've always opened the dos window as administrator, maybe that would help if you're not already doing so.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #9
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
See http://calibre-ebook.blogspot.com/ to learn how to create catalogs of books in your calibre library.
A calibre blog? Did I miss an announcement...? Very nice.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:54 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
A calibre blog? Did I miss an announcement...? Very nice.
It's maintained by Krittika, she intends to make regular posts about calibre's more obscure features from the perspective of a regular calibre user. IIRC, there was an announcement on the calibre Facebook page, but I think she didn't announce it on MR.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #11
MajorMalfunction

OK I'll go check that out. Since I'm the only user on the machine, I assumed I'm already the admin. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:29 PM   #12
MajorMalfunction

That totally worked. Thank you very much.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #13
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool you're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorMalfunction View Post
That totally worked. Thank you very much.
you're welcome
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:12 AM   #14
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

If you select all the books you want in your catalog (or just hit CTRL+A if you want all your books), then go to the the dropdown menu for the "Convert book" icon and select "Create a catalog of books in your library", that'll create a CSV (excel) file. The dialog gives you options as to what information you want displayed in the catalog file and where you want to save the file. If you need it to be in .txt format, it's fairly straightforward to format the cells the way you want, and then just copy them into Notepad (or whatever text editor you use).

Edit
Whoops, that'll learn me to go shooting my mouth off before reading Kovid's posts. His/Krittika's link covers the above in greater and more useful detail.

Last edited by ElMiko; 09-22-2011 at 05:16 AM.
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:22 AM   #15
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMiko View Post
Whoops, that'll learn me to go shooting my mouth off before reading Kovid's posts. His/Krittika's link covers the above in greater and more useful detail.
Not to mention, while you provide good and accurate information, you were probably responding to the first message from over 2 years ago.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote