Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #1
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Request: separate "Preferred output format" from "Save to Disk" format

Those two formats are not the same in my case.

I have set "Preferred output format" to AZW3, because I mostly buy EPUB's, but I have a Kindle, so I like the conversion dialog to open with AZW3 pre-selected. So far, so good.

However, I also manage a library an aunt, and she has an EPUB reader (because it has Dutch menu's, and the Kindle hasn't). I buy her books in EPUB format, import them into calibre to Alf them, fix the metadata, and so on. After the book is done, I do a "Save single format to disk," mail the book to my aunt, who puts in into her library. This library is Calibre, but with *EVERYTHING* disabled except for adding books to the library, sending them to the reader, and removing them from the device.

I would like to have an option "Save only EPUB to single directory", just like there is a "Save only AZW3 to single directory".

Would it be a lot of work to add a "Preferred Save to Disk" format, alongside the "Preferred Output Format" option?
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:03 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Why dont you just use the calibre email facility to the files. That will even automatically convert the book for you if it is not in one of the formats you specify in Preferences->sharing by email
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2014, 11:23 AM   #3
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1

I've configured calibre for my needs years ago, only making minor adjustments, rarely getting into the configuration screen anymore. I completely forgot about the fact that it could also e-mail books.

Thanks for the tip

How embarrassing...
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote