Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-11-2010, 07:49 PM   #16
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
Perhaps it is the same thing DaleDe is talking about, but what's with the "Get your Adobe Digital Editions Firmware here" button on the EZ Plus page? Why wouldn't ADE already be on the unit?
I suspect so that you can register your computer and the EZ device at the same time; if it came with ADE pre-installed & registered, you couldn't necessarily make your computer reg match that. (Also, it would be registered to someone else's name & email address.)

If you mean "why isn't the download/install software included in the reader, with a note to delete it after installing," I have no idea. Licensing issues might be involved. Or it might not be there for the people who won't be use ADE, either for software issues (some types of Linux) or personal preference (I plan on getting a Pocket Pro soon; I won't be installing ADE).
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #17
soothsayer
soothsayer began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin, astak the 2010 version plz.
i went ahead and sent a note to the editorial team (via this link) https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sendmessage.php?

and informed them that astak has begun sales of the new device today. not sure if they will post the tidbit on their homepage.
soothsayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why does the plus have such a small amount of ram?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why does the plus have such a small amount of ram?
RAM not (book) Storage. Its Linux, doing 1 thing at a time.

If this was Window based, you would need 256M minimum
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:22 PM   #20
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
Does this include a 16 gb card?
The list of package contents does not list an SD card, so my guess would be no.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2010, 01:00 AM   #21
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
Perhaps it is the same thing DaleDe is talking about, but what's with the "Get your Adobe Digital Editions Firmware here" button on the EZ Plus page? Why wouldn't ADE already be on the unit?
Exactly, ADE is already on the unit and the link points to a V3 file from a year ago.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:52 AM   #22
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I suspect so that you can register your computer and the EZ device at the same time; if it came with ADE pre-installed & registered, you couldn't necessarily make your computer reg match that. (Also, it would be registered to someone else's name & email address.)
I see DaleDe responded to confirm we are talking about the same thing, but just for clarification of why I was asking: when I bought my PPro, I didn't have to download additional FW for the PPro in order to use ADE. I already had ADE on my computer and just had to register the new unit.

Now that DaleDe has explained it (he must have typed REEEEAAAAALLL slow, so I could follow it, lol) I now understand that the non-plussed EZ Reader did not originally come with ADE FW, and as he has already attempted to bring to Astak's attention -- the link does not belong on the PLUS page. Especially since the non-plussed unit no longer exists.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:13 AM   #23
RichyRich
Connoisseur
RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Are there more pictures of the unit?
RichyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:16 AM   #24
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichyRich View Post
Are there more pictures of the unit?
It looks identical to the old 6". It has just had the internals updated.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:59 PM   #25
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Here's the Jinke page for the V3+ in case anyone's interested...
http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...tail.asp?id=45
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #26
jnarasim
jnarasim began at the beginning.

Device: None
Hi, I'm new here. I've been researching readers that fit my needs (pdfs, djvu, lecture notes), and I've been wanting to buy the new 6" Plus. I just missed the sale of the new readers on Astak's website (out of stock), and I can't find anyone selling the 6" Plus anywhere. When will Astak have more readers for sale? Or can someone direct me to a retailer selling the latest 6" model?

Thank you, Jay.

Last edited by jnarasim; 09-08-2010 at 02:53 PM.
jnarasim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #27
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnarasim View Post
Hi, I'm new here. I've been researching readers that fit my needs (pdfs, djvu, lecture notes), and I've been wanting to buy the new 6" Plus. I just missed the sale of the new readers on Astak's website (out of stock), and I can't find anyone selling the 6" Plus anywhere. When will Astak have more readers for sale? Or can someone direct me to a retailer selling the latest 6" model?

Thank you, Jay.
Unfortunately, the new 6" Plus is only available on our site. We are currently going through some stock/site remodels, and everything should be available for sale again by next week or so. Just keep checking back! We are constantly trying to improve our site and check our products for quality; the 6" and all other readers will be up again soon.
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote