Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-23-2010, 04:57 AM   #1
kgian
Enthusiast
kgian began at the beginning.

Device: EBW-1150
Best application for epub?

I have some free ebooks in .pub format, but currently I don't have access to a computer. I have the files in a directory on my jail broken iPad.

Is there any way to import them in iBooks without a computer? What is the best alternative application?
kgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:05 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm not familiar with ".pub" format. Do you mean ".epub"?

I believe that "Goodreader" will allow you to download files from any URL and transfer them to any application which support the "Open With..." interface. That includes iBooks.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2010, 06:48 AM   #3
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Get on the cloud (I like Dropbox) and Stanza can get the books easy....

As far as getting into iBooks, I don't think so.....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:09 AM   #4
kgian
Enthusiast
kgian began at the beginning.

Device: EBW-1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT;
I'm not familiar with ".pub" format. Do you mean ".epub"?

I believe that "Goodreader" will allow you to download files from any URL and transfer them to any application which support the "Open With..." interface. That includes iBooks.
, I ment .epub . The iPad auto correction got me wrong! I can have them in stanza with ifile file manager. iBooks...I don't think so too.
kgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:34 AM   #5
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
I wanted to know how epub looks on the ipad. I just connected my device to itunes and dragged the book into the library thingy.

Can goodreader handle epub, too? I tried dragging my book there, but I only get a "?" for the file in the preview.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2010, 05:24 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_73 View Post
I wanted to know how epub looks on the ipad. I just connected my device to itunes and dragged the book into the library thingy.

Can goodreader handle epub, too? I tried dragging my book there, but I only get a "?" for the file in the preview.
No. You can read a full description of what Goodreader will do on its website:

http://www.goodreader.net/goodreader.html
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:45 AM   #7
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
I read epub (non-DRM) with Stanza, that has the most configurations options for all iPad ebook readers. The only lack is multicolumn mode and you need to be online to use the dictionary.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:51 AM   #8
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
iBooks is my preferred app for my non drm pubs as well as my PDF's. I'm not sure if you can email them in?
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote