Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-20-2010, 07:19 PM   #16
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Both of you, do you use the keyboard shortcut to switch from BV to CV, or do you press the button in the menu or the toolbar?
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #17
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
There's a keyboard shortcut? - wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Both of you, do you use the keyboard shortcut to switch from BV to CV, or do you press the button in the menu or the toolbar?
Button on menu. I don't even know what the keyboard shortcut is.

BTW: I really love a lot of the new stuff; the global s&r (when it "sticks;"), the semantics. Just so you know, and you're not only hearing the whining.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2010, 07:35 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Toolbar always
The only Sigil Key-press's I currently use is F7, Del (in the Browser)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:40 PM   #19
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I'll look into this more, but I seriously don't have time for Sigil right now, and won't for a few more days after which I might get a few hours in.

I think there could be something screwy going on with the focus events. Try to use the keyboard shortcuts for switching views: BV F9, SV F10, CV F11. If that lowers the incidence, that would be useful information.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'll look into this more, but I seriously don't have time for Sigil right now, and won't for a few more days after which I might get a few hours in.

I think there could be something screwy going on with the focus events. Try to use the keyboard shortcuts for switching views: BV F9, SV F10, CV F11. If that lowers the incidence, that would be useful information.
No rush, If I was rally worried, I would switch to my Linux system. It is just a pain as I cant get many programs (includes Sigil) to open the Network accessible Windows folders.
I always have copy them to a local folder. and then drop them back when I am done.
Advert
Old 06-20-2010, 08:56 PM   #21
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Sigil 2.2 XP SP3
used only f9 and f11

Removed some navigation icons (arrowheads) from chapters: some in CV, some in BV always used keyboard to switch views

Frequent saves
revisited page: "They Are Back" on the CV edited pages even thought ther were gone when I switched to BV originally.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:26 PM   #22
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi, Valloric:

Nope, sorry, downloaded the new version and no change (no pun intended). I have to do everything at least 2x to get it to "take." I've now put a dropcap in the first chapter of one book, I kid thee not, more than 9 times and it simply disappears, and when next I look, the code is gone.

The only thing that seems to work slightly better is saving it in codeview without switching to bookview first. I've only used the shortcut keys today, but no joy.

UPDATE NOTE: Saving in codeview WITHOUT switching to BV seems to work, but, man....I have not tried working in shared view, because I always get a lot of page-jumping-aroundness with that. I'll try it, see if it works.

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 06-21-2010 at 06:47 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 06-21-2010, 07:01 PM   #23
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post

UPDATE NOTE: Saving in codeview WITHOUT switching to BV seems to work, but, man....I have not tried working in shared view, because I always get a lot of page-jumping-aroundness with that. I'll try it, see if it works.

Hitch
Saving without doing anything else does make the changes "stick"
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:52 AM   #24
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catire View Post
Saving without doing anything else does make the changes "stick"
Agreed; make a change in CV, save, then you can see it, not before.

Working in SV is not viable, both because it just jumps around like a seizure victim and then the changes don't stick, so it's a double-whammy of frustration.