Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-28-2010, 09:32 PM   #16
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
I think B&N is pretty much hoping to canablize Fictionwise. I figure they bought it for the ereader format and their client list. Not necassarily to sell ebooks through. I could be wrong though.
I don't think thy even care about the client list! When FW bought eReader, thy started sending me both BOTH newsletters (right when they killed the eReader newsletter discout and launched Rewards - the equivalent of Buywise). But I have never received a B&N contact. Which is just Marketing 101 failure.

I suspect it is a matter of resources. They bought FW for the eReader format and all those staff are busy launching and supportig the nook/B&N reader apps. No time to clean up the Agency mess on 3 separate catalogs. Not to mention I bet they'd have to cut 3 sparate contracts with each of the Big 5. Just lawyers fees alone probably killed that idea...

Bree
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:33 AM   #17
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
I don't think thy even care about the client list! When FW bought eReader, thy started sending me both BOTH newsletters (right when they killed the eReader newsletter discout and launched Rewards - the equivalent of Buywise). But I have never received a B&N contact. Which is just Marketing 101 failure.

I suspect it is a matter of resources. They bought FW for the eReader format and all those staff are busy launching and supportig the nook/B&N reader apps. No time to clean up the Agency mess on 3 separate catalogs. Not to mention I bet they'd have to cut 3 sparate contracts with each of the Big 5. Just lawyers fees alone probably killed that idea...

Bree
If they had merged the fictionwise bookshelf with the BN bookshelf, they would have had me as a customer for life, with a Nook in hand.

Since they did not, I bought a Jetbook Light and buy from wherever is cheapest.
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #18
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHARKAVY View Post
If they had merged the fictionwise bookshelf with the BN bookshelf, they would have had me as a customer for life, with a Nook in hand.

Since they did not, I bought a Jetbook Light and buy from wherever is cheapest.
Me too! Instead, they are letting FW/eReader linger in starvation.

My co-worker brought in her brand-new nook (she couldn't figure out the swipe/turn page) and I was impressed with the quality. But their neglect of FW/eReader and lack of communication during the Agency switch makes me question investing ANY money in anything E that B&N sells.

Last edited by simplyparticular; 04-29-2010 at 03:18 PM.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote