Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
"No longer bookmarking" problem solved.

If this has been addressed and solved before, excuse the duplicate.

Suddenly my K1 stopped opening to the last page read. It would go back to a particular page time and time again.

The pages turned sloooooowly, or not at all.

Hard re-sets did nothing (poking a paper clip into the little hole).

Worse......it was not showing all the pages I knew were on there! I had 57, and it showed only 44. "updating" stayed on the screen.

So. Its almost two years old. Maybe a new battery was needed? Had one here. Replaced it. No change.

Maybe the SD card got corrupted? Took it out, had 4 books on the main memory, and everything worked fine.

AHA! I remembered I had just added books when the trouble started. I also remembered when I ejected...I perhaps didn't wait quite long enough.

so.....I plugged put the SD card back, plugged it back into the computer, and immediately a little window came up asking me if I wanted to check/fix for problems on the card.

I clicked "yes" and it did its thing.....took about 30 seconds, and then I got a message that one book was not able to be 'fixed'. I deleted it, closed out the windows, waited about 10 seconds, made sure the 'its safe to eject' message came up, and unplugged.

My K1 now works just like new.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote