Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
Joanne L
Joanne L began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Amazon no longer accepting Calibre mobis?

I'm reading reports that Amazon is rejecting all .mobis created by third-party conversion platforms, including Calibre. Anybody have any information on this?

What are the downsides to uploading to Amazon using .html or .doc, which they say they now accept? Do you get a neat-looking file or is it still best to do the conversion on your own first with KindleGen, which is what they're pushing?

Thanks,
Joanne
Joanne L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
They're not rejecting all mobi files created by calibre, though they do seem to reject some. I uploaded a calibre-generated mobi file about 10 days ago without any issues, but others have reported problems.

If your mobi file isn't accepted, I'd suggest trying an ePub rather than a Word or HTML file.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #3
Joanne L
Joanne L began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks. That's the sense I'm getting, too, as I look around online. Perhaps it has to do with how good the html formatting is going into the .mobi conversion. Do you think I could use Calibre to create that epub if I go that route?
Joanne L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:23 AM   #4
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I really don't know, but I'd say it's worth a try.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, conversion, html, kdp, mobi