Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 08:44 AM   #1
sentience
sentience began at the beginning.

Device: iPod touch
Exclamation Remove Header feature not working

I am attempting to convert a PDF to EPUB. In the process, I wish to remove page headers. I have extensive experience writing regular expressions, so I have written the necessary regular expression for the "Remove Headers" feature. I have confirmed that, when clicking the "magic wand" button next to the "Remove Headers" regular expression field, the appropriate portions of the HTML code are highlighted in yellow. The "Remove Headers" feature checkbox is checked.

Despite all this, the "Remove Headers" feature is not having any effect on the finished EPUB output.

Is this feature currently broken in Calibre 0.6.32?
sentience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
matthias
Enthusiast
matthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura aboutmatthias has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Hello,

i have had the same issues, but maybe the later part (last post of the first page) of this thread will help you, since (at least in that particular version of calibre) it was not very clear at which point the regex is applyed.

unfortunately i don't have a pdf file to try removing a header or footer, but the changelog doesn't show anything that it would have been changed.

Last edited by matthias; 01-09-2010 at 02:14 PM.
matthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert