Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #46
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I wasn't aware that there was a limitation on the number of times you could download a particular title or the number of devices you could put it on. I was under the impression that once you had removed an item purchased from Amazon you could retrive it from Amazon via the Archived Items folder as many times as you wished anytime you wished.

Just to be sure I never lose a purchase, however, I always back it up on my computer's hard drive, which I also back up on an external HD.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #47
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
But if you don't remove the DRM, the backups are pointless, as you won't be able to move them to another device. If you delete the book from your Kindle, you can re-downlaod it from Amazon. If you have to replace your Kindle, your PC backed up files won't work because the have the wrong PID; you have to redownload them from Amazon.
Well that's the pits. Guess I'll have to learn how to remove the DRM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2009, 01:31 AM   #48
elmoglick
Groupie
elmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litter

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I wasn't aware that there was a limitation on the number of times you could download a particular title or the number of devices you could put it on. I was under the impression that once you had removed an item purchased from Amazon you could retrive it from Amazon via the Archived Items folder as many times as you wished anytime you wished.
You are absolutely correct. There is no download limitation whatsoever; just a limit on the number of simultaneous devices a book can reside on.

There is a lot of misinformation being promulgated on this subject (eg. Cory Doctorow's Boing Boing posting) which has caused a great deal of confusion.

El
elmoglick is offline   Reply With Quote