Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-24-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
enarchay
Zealot
enarchay began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question about cases and the M-Edge Prodigy

Which case do you think protects the Kindle 2 the most so that if it was dropped it would reduce the chances of it breaking?

With the M-Edge Prodigy, can you fold the left side of the cover behind the Kindle 2 so it's like holding a flat book? I've seen people do this with the amazon case and the M-Edge Go!, but I wasn't sure about the M-Edge.
enarchay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:20 AM   #2
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
I doubt many people have more than two covers to compare (but on this board there may be one or two I can think of three factors that would help- quality/thickness of the padding; size - larger would give more vertical cushion in a drop where the kindle is perpendicular to the ground; and how well the Kindle is secured within the case.

My M-edge for the K1 does a very good job in all aspects.

Any other thoughts?
Slow_hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2009, 05:47 PM   #3
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
I have three cases at the moment - the original Amazon case, the M-Edge Prodigy and the M-Edge Go! Jacket.

Using the Prodigy it is possible to fold the left half of the case behind and read it just like the Amazon case. The Prodigy is ever so slightly bulkier, but it doesn't make that much of a difference. It is more protective than the Amazon case because it has thicker padding and because it has the closure strap, which means it will stay shut in a bag or if you drop it (so long as it's closed) while the other cases might flop open, allowing your screen to get scratched or for the Kindle to land face-down.

Check out my comparison review of the Amazon Cover vs. M-Edge Prodigy and the M-Edge Prodigy vs. the M-Edge Go! Jacket.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote