Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-17-2014, 09:09 PM   #181
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Smile

Well, I am due for an upgrade! ALMOST bought the PW2 last year, but couldn't quite let go of the page turn buttons and the 4 GB of storage. I know I don't NEED 4 GB but my obsessions are my own and hurt no one else. If this rumor turns out to be true, I will go for it. If I don't like it, I will be happy to buy a PW2 with 4 GB and get used to not having page turn buttons.

My husband wants an AppleWatch, so I consider this price modest.
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:14 PM   #182
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is this it????
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rue&pldnSite=1

I think it is!!!! It just showed up!!
Advert
Old 09-17-2014, 09:22 PM   #183
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Yes! but the pricing isn't right? Same price shown for Wi-Fi only and 3G (with special offers). But yeah available on October 21!

And the origami cover for the Voyage - leather in three colors:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...LCover_ic_popT

Polyurethane in more colors:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...PCover_ic_popT

Last edited by JoHunt; 09-17-2014 at 09:41 PM.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:25 PM   #184
krazy4katz
Addict

With special offers, the wifi only is $199 and the wifi+3G is $269. Same $20 increase w/o special offers. You have to mouse over the prices on the main page.

OK, should I pre-order? Talk me out of it.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:30 PM   #185
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've moused over, but I'm still seeing 3G at $199 and Wi-Fi at $219 ?? (with special offers)

I now see further down the page in the comparison table, the most basic model is listed at $199.

Last edited by JoHunt; 09-17-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Advert
Old 09-17-2014, 09:37 PM   #186
krazy4katz
Addict

Sorry, you have to click one of them (SO or the Wifi/3G), then mouse over the other. So if you click With Special Offers (so that it's blue), then mouse over the wifi or wifi+3G, you will see the price change between $199 and $269.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:45 PM   #187
JoHunt
I am what I am

My chrome browser is not liking how the prices are listed - every combo I try is different, but the device I'm interested in is $199. I'll be ordering one later on as soon as it's officially announced.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:17 PM   #188
chanfm
Enthusiast
chanfm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Arc, Kindle PW3
$199 is pricey. More expensive than the Kobo Aura H2O which has a bigger screen.
chanfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:20 PM   #189
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
So, the predicted 4GB... who is surprised. Well, is everyone over their paranioa that they'd revert to 2GB?

It looks like Amazon is now just offering three models. I cannot see them pulling out of the $120 price point, although I did not expect a third, premium line.

I also see something about Family Library...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:31 PM   #190
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
It looks like Amazon is now just offering three models. I cannot see them pulling out of the $120 price point, although I did not expect a third, premium line
A premium device kind of does make sense though (although I wasn't looking for it to happen). I mean what could they have done to the Paperwhite and maintain the approximate price point? So instead of trying and having everyone say what a lackluster upgrade it was they just skipped it for now and did a whole new tier device. Kind of what Kobo did when they launched the Aura HD at $170. The HD hasn't been they're top selling device, but it has made for a big chunk of their reader sales IIRC.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:17 AM   #191
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
And probably $40 for the official cover, again.
Check the link further on in the thread - it's $60!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:22 AM   #192
MickeyMark
Learning to read...
MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.MickeyMark can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: K3-3G, KDXG
I'd rather have an Oberon.
MickeyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:26 AM   #193
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Check the link further on in the thread - it's $60!
If you want leather otherwise there's one for $45 & of course cheaper options if you go third party.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:01 AM   #194
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
There is hands-on report with video at The Verge.
http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/17/63...e-announcement
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:07 AM   #195
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
It's listed on the US site to pre order, and supposedly on the UK site but the links don't work.

Links now work, UK prices are £169 Wifi, £229 3G

Last edited by Josieb1; 09-18-2014 at 02:59 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote