Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #16
Gosta
Gosta began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Thanks for all your analysis Seems pretty logical.

However, bad news for me: I have the same problems with calibre portable, so the problem seems remaining on the book, not on calibre.

What should I do then? I thought about restoring PW to factory settings. But, if that doesn't fix the problem, my PW would be unable to add my books again =/

Any other ideas what would be the origin of the problem? Or a way to fix it?
Gosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #17
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I suggest you try 'sideloading' a couple of books to the PW - i.e. via Windows Explorer. (Maybe you already did this)

If that fails then try sideloading on a different PC
  • if that fails then the PW or its cable is most probably 'the problem',
  • if that works then your PC is most probably 'the problem'.
If that (sideloading on your PC) works then maybe its the books you're trying to transfer. Convert a plain text file to AZW3 with calibre and try sending that to PW
  • if that doesn't work then we're back to square one
  • otherwise 'the problem' would seem to be with the books you're trying to send
I don't know what the ramifications of resetting the PW back to factory settings would be. I imagine it would be a lot less than resetting your PC back to its factory settings.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-19-2013 at 04:22 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2013, 04:58 AM   #18
Gosta

Sorry for th wait, I've been a bit busy these days.
I already had tried sending different books before calling for help here xP.

I also tried Calibre portable on a different PC and the problem remains, so the issue is officially in my PW.
So...is restoring to factory settings the only way to fix this? What if that doesn't solve the problem?
Old 12-23-2013, 07:11 AM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosta View Post
Sorry for th wait, I've been a bit busy these days.
I already had tried sending different books before calling for help here xP.

I also tried Calibre portable on a different PC and the problem remains, so the issue is officially in my PW.
So...is restoring to factory settings the only way to fix this? What if that doesn't solve the problem?
@Gosta, for me no apology is needed.

I suggest you post something in the Kindle forum to get advice on what happens if you reset your PW to factory setting. I imagine you will lose everything that's on it. It may still have the problems it has now, on the other hand the problems may be solved and you can start to load it up with 'stuff' again.

If a reset to factory settings doesn't fix the problems and the PW is still under warranty I guess you ask Amazon for another one, otherwise I guess you buy another one.

I'm sorry I couldn't solve your problem, maybe you'll get some ideas in the Kindle forum that will solve it - if you do then perhaps you'll let us know here.

Good Luck - BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #20
Gosta

No dude, thanks for all your support and ideas
Advert
Old 12-25-2013, 06:40 AM   #21
Gosta

First of all, Merry Xmas

But I bring bad news...I gifted a Kindle 4 to my mom and it has the same problems on both computers, just like my PW...so, I should think that the problem still on Calibre software. Interface plug-in, maybe?
I really don't know, but I'm a bit burned out of this...

PD: BIG GREAT NEWS! I tried changing book format manually (right-click on book > convert book individually) and then I could send it to PW! No 0 of 1 books anymore!
But....why the convert & send books window doesn't work?

Last edited by Gosta; 12-25-2013 at 07:23 AM.