Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-05-2013, 12:42 AM   #1
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Adobe Hacked: Customer Info Stolen

Adobe has had encrypted customer info stolen from their servers, including Adobe ID passwords and credit card details. Those affected should receive email from Adobe about what precautions to take.

Quote:
As a precaution, we are resetting relevant customer passwords to help prevent unauthorized access to Adobe ID accounts. If your user ID and password were involved, you will receive an email notification from us with information on how to change your password. We also recommend that you change your passwords on any website where you may have used the same user ID and password.
http://http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2013/10/important-customer-security-announcement.html

For those of us who use ADE...I got the email this evening.

Last edited by pdurrant; 10-05-2013 at 02:50 AM.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:53 AM   #2
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Yep I got it as well .... I'm wondering how much of Adobe got hacked eg. CS6 etc accounts, all the Adobe cloud software and accounts - business and personal accounts.

Adobe is huge esp when you consider that people register their products.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2013, 03:59 AM   #3
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
Good thing our personal data is so well protected when we buy books instead of downloading them from dangerous, nasty sites that damage our computers and give us electronic cooties.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:32 AM   #4
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mivo your point is well deserved but the volume of ebook accounts are a drop in Adobe's ocean - they've got millions of other accounts business and personal.

Think of all the websites that are created using Adobe software, consider Photoshop as just one of those products .....

I reckon this'll be a bigger account break in than Sony's how ever million was (was it 70 + million?)

This break in is potentially liable to reach several hundred million + account holders, and possibly provide for access through websites that use their web developer products.

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 10-05-2013 at 05:04 AM. Reason: add the word 'potentially'
Old 10-05-2013, 05:37 AM   #5
alvina
Connoisseur
alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
What if you use an old and outdated E-Mail for your Adobe DRM ID?

You can't change your Adobe Password there anymore. You won't even receive a notification. People change their E-Mail every two or three years.
alvina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #6
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I've had the same Gmail address since the service debuted...

But yeah, got that email yesterday. Second time that my credit card info was stolen since June. Yuuuuuck.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #7
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Jessica my email didn't indicate that my details were obtained. Did yours?
Old 10-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #8
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvina View Post
What if you use an old and outdated E-Mail for your Adobe DRM ID?

You can't change your Adobe Password there anymore. You won't even receive a notification. People change their E-Mail every two or three years.
Alvina on the bright side if your email is no longer in existence then at least the hackers haven't got it, eh.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #9
alvina
Connoisseur
alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.alvina is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thanks. But what about my E-Books?

For Adobe DRM ID, you only need an E-Mail and a Password. If Adobe resets the Password, I won't ever know. I'll never see the new Password. And my old Password won't work anymore?
alvina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #10
DaveinJapan
Enthusiast
DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.DaveinJapan invented the internet.

Device: iPhone
So is there anything we should do, besides changing passwords?

I finally set up new, strong passwords for all sites so I'm careful to stay on top of this sort of thing - thanks to the OP for the heads up!
DaveinJapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #11
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvina View Post
Thanks. But what about my E-Books?

For Adobe DRM ID, you only need an E-Mail and a Password. If Adobe resets the Password, I won't ever know. I'll never see the new Password. And my old Password won't work anymore?
Mmmm .... It's going to be tricky for you .... As a by the by do you have all the ADE books already in Calibre?

It's not a prob for me because I don't ever use my ADE for PC account - i download all ADE DRM books into Sony Reader for PC and then straight into Calibre.

My concern is with Dreamweaver and Photoshop etc accounts.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #12
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinJapan View Post
So is there anything we should do, besides changing passwords?

I finally set up new, strong passwords for all sites so I'm careful to stay on top of this sort of thing - thanks to the OP for the heads up!
I'm guessing that we need to keep an eye on our credit card etc accounts
Old 10-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #13
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Does Adobe have access to our credit card details? I only use it to open my downloaded books.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #14
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Yeah they'd only have the cc details if you bought software etc from them.

I can't remember much about my ADE account at all because I never use it.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #15
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
OK, call me stupid, but I'm confused. The only Adobe I use is Adobe Digital Editions to download library books. Do I have to change my password? Do I even have a password? I don't remember setting one up, but it's been years since I set up this computer.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote