Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
sifuhall
sifuhall began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Help with Custom Column

I'm trying to create a custom column that contains the first (and only the first) entry in the tags field.

I've tried using this as the template:
Code:
{tags:subitems(0,1)}
But I get the full tag.

I also tried:
Code:
{list_item(tags, 0, ',') }
But that doesn't work either.

What am I doing wrong?
sifuhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Subitems creates a list of hierarchical subitems. It does not isolate one entry in a list of entries. To isolate list entries, use list_item or sublist.

I think the following does what you are looking for.
Code:
{tags:'list_item($, 0, ',')'}
Note that the tags stored in the database are almost certainly not in alphabetical order, so the first tag may not be what you think it is. If you want the first item in the sorted list, use
Code:
{tags:'list_item(list_sort($, '0', ','), 0, ',')'}
BTW: your second attempt would work if you used
Code:
program: list_item(field('tags'), 0, ',')
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert