Notices

Old 01-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
soparch
Enthusiast
soparch began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kindlegen opf problem - cover not specified

Hello can anybody help me?
I am trying to generate a book using the latest Kindlegen and for some reason I am getting "cover not specified and also the TOC NCX is not being generated.
Here is the opf file can anybody tell me what is wrong with it.
Thanks
Steve

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<package unique-identifier="uid" xmlnspf="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" xmlns:asd="http://www.idpf.org/asdfaf">
<metadata>
<dc-metadata xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/metadata/dublin_core" xmlnsebpackage="http://openebook.org/namespaces/oeb-package/1.0/">
<dc:Title>ReBecoming</dc:Title>
<dc:Language>en</dc:Language>
<dc:Creator>Maxon, J. R.</dc:Creator>
<dc:Copyrights>J. R. Maxon</dc:Copyrights>
<dc:Publisher>Dassana Press</dc:Publisher>
<meta name="cover" content="my-cover-image"/>
</dc-metadata>
</metadata>
<manifest>
<item id="content" href="ReBecoming.html" media-type="text/x-oeb1-document"/>
<item id="ncx" media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml" href="toc.ncx"/>
<item id="Vivaldii.ttf" media-type="application/x-font-ttf" href="Fonts/Vivaldii.ttf"/>
<item id="my-cover-image" href="images/cover.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
<item id="x2063326_Lotus_fmt.png" media-type="image/png" href="images/2063326_Lotus_fmt.png"/>
<item id="Maze-20Revise_fmt.png" media-type="image/png" href="images/Maze%20Revise_fmt.png"/>
<item id="Star_flip_fmt.png" media-type="image/png" href="images/Star_flip_fmt.png"/>
<item id="titlpge.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg" href="images/titlpge.jpg"/>
<item id="Ornate_Centre_Flourish_fmt1.png" media-type="image/png" href="images/Ornate_Centre_Flourish_fmt1.png"/>
<item id="Ornate_Centre_Flourish_fmt2.png" media-type="image/png" href="images/Ornate_Centre_Flourish_fmt2.png"/>
<item id="Ornate_Centre_Flourish_fmt5.png" media-type="image/png" href="images/Ornate_Centre_Flourish_fmt5.png"/>
<item id="scorpion.gif" media-type="image/gif" href="images/scorpion.gif"/>
<item id="rabbit.gif" media-type="image/gif" href="images/rabbit.gif"/>
<item id="star.gif" media-type="image/gif" href="images/star.gif"/>
</manifest>
<spine toc="ncx">
<itemref idref="content"/>
</spine>
<guide>
<reference type="toc" title="Table of Contents" href="ReBecoming.html#TOC"/>
<reference type="start" title="Startup Page" href="ReBecoming.html#start"/>
</guide>
</package>
soparch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:31 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Offhand... I see nothing wrong with it. If all the various files are in the locations specified in the OPF (and the ncx file is well-formed) it should work.

Let me ask you this. What are you giving to kindlegen? The opf file, the html file, or an epub that contains both? If you're just feeding kindlegen the html file, it won't know the opf (including the cover) or ncx exists.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 04:33 AM   #3
soparch
Enthusiast

Hello Diapdealer,
Thanks for the reply. I am following the Kindlegen instructions. and selecting the html file. All of the bits listed are in the correct bits with the html file in same folder that I navigate down to and then generate the mobi file. It must know the opf file is there because I had some errors which I corrected in the opf file and when I generated the mobi file again it just came down to the cover and it not finding the ncx file.
I have generated this file with mobipocket creator and it passed with no problems so I know the TOC NCX file is Ok. (This book has some extra features like embedded fonts that I would like to take advantage of that is why I am generating a file using Kindlegen so that the fonts etc can be seen on the Kindle fire etc)
I have taken a screenshot of the folder everything is in and attached it just to see if anybody can see if I have that wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	folder.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	81708  
Old 01-26-2012, 05:47 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Leave everything where it is... but feed kindlegen the OPF file instead of the html file. The html file doesn't know about the OPF or the NCX.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:02 AM   #5
soparch
Enthusiast

Thanks Diapdealer,
You have help me solve the problem and I am extremely grateful.
Advert
Old 01-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

No problem, glad it's working for you.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
ApostleMichael
ApostleMichael began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Thanks DiaDealer, you saved me a lot time!
ApostleMichael is offline   Reply With Quote