Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark
mrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to behold

Device: Asus Transformer Prime, Sony PRS-T1, HTC Sensation
Angry getting adb working

I am trying to get 'adb devices' to work reliably

I update my
Code:
~/.android/adb_usb.ini
to look like this:

Code:
# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
# USE 'android update adb' TO GENERATE.
# 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE.
0x054c
I have updated my
Code:
/etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules
to look like this:

Code:
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="2080", MODE="0666", OWNER="andy"
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="054C", MODE="0666", OWNER="andy"
I have restarted udev.
I have rebooted my PC and my prs-t1, still adb devices shows nothing.

This was working last night, and I had it working on my work PC all day, so does anyone know what has gone wrong?
mrspaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
For me the only thing that lets ADB be detected on the PC (be it Windows or Linux) is actually toggling the "Enable ADB over USB" checkbox while connected to the USB. If you reboot the reader while connected, it gets detected as well.

Something about the sequence of ADB and other USB processes in the reader coming up. I cannot explain it.

What works for me every time is clicking on the checkbox to turn it off, then immediately turning it back on.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
What works for me every time is clicking on the checkbox to turn it off, then immediately turning it back on.
Yup, i have to do that too.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:43 AM   #4
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark
mrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to behold

Device: Asus Transformer Prime, Sony PRS-T1, HTC Sensation
okay, I'll keep that in mind, thanks.
mrspaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #5
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
I don't get it to work It's Windows 7 x64 and Android SDK for Android 2.2

enable-adb is installed on my PRS-T1

I edited the driver inf file according to http://translate.google.com/translat...ic.php?t=21458 for both - the x86 and the x64 section - and the driver is now running properly (shows up in device manager as Android Composide ADB interface).

Now, when toggling USB debugging in android settings, the device appears/disappears as expected in windows device manager and the small robot shows up on the notification bar on the reader.

So, everything should be fine.

But "adb kill-server" followed by "adb devices" still does not show any devices :*(

Last edited by uboot; 11-12-2011 at 01:10 PM.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2011, 09:02 AM   #6
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Did you edit %USERPROFILE%\.android\adb_usb.ini ?
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #7
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
yes, I did... but guess what???? I just re-checked the file and did a minor change which resolved the issue:

0x054c -> 0x054C

uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:18 PM   #8
hitoriblog
hitoriblog began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
enable-adb-jp, disable-adb-jp please!
hitoriblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #9
dare
dare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Boyue Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
I don't get it to work It's Windows 7 x64 and Android SDK for Android 2.2
Me too... I just don't get the driver installed as it should.

I ever only get a generic USB Mass Storage Device shown in the Device Manager (DM). On trying to install the USB driver for that one, Windows tells me that this is not possible.

If I try to install the driver beforehand via "legacy hardware" in the DM, I have a branch "Android Phone" in the DM after de- and reenabling USB debugging, but its subbranch is "unknown device" - while still having also the entries under Mass Storage Device and Portable Devices.

Also USBDeview shows me nothing else than a "Sony PRS-T1 Setting Device" with the known VID_054C&PID_05C2 and the serial number, but nothing of a VID_054C&PID_05C2&MI_01.

I don't really understand how Windows handles this stuff, but shouldn't toggling the USB debug mode result in that different mode/MI? What does the DM show for you guys when you have an ADB connection?

Any help appreciated!
dare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #10
dare
dare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

But: ADW over WiFi works!

There is, however, alway hope
I just took an ADB over WiFi widget from the market, put it on the launcher and configured it for lazyness to port 5555, enabled incoming connections as pointed out by sonic74 earlier, and simply connected from my PC. Hosianna!
Old 02-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #11
vortigern
vortigern will become famous soon enoughvortigern will become famous soon enoughvortigern will become famous soon enoughvortigern will become famous soon enoughvortigern will become famous soon enoughvortigern will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dare View Post
There is, however, alway hope
I just took an ADB over WiFi widget from the market, put it on the launcher and configured it for lazyness to port 5555, enabled incoming connections as pointed out by sonic74 earlier, and simply connected from my PC. Hosianna!
Can't seem to get this to work - Installed it and worked out it has to be a widget as it doesn't appear anywhere else.
... click it and it says Please Wait for a bit but then just goes blank.

Did you have to do the enable-adb flashing or anything?
vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #12
vortigern
vortigern will become famous soon enoughvortigern will become famous soon enoughvortigern will become famous soon enoughvortigern will become famous soon enoughvortigern will become famous soon enoughvortigern will become famous soon enough

Can someone confirm what happens when you flash with the enable-adb?

Does it work fine with the current root or does it bugger things up like link2sd or other stuff?
vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #13
j0534ng31
Connoisseur
j0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-T1 black
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortigern View Post
Can someone confirm what happens when you flash with the enable-adb?

Does it work fine with the current root or does it bugger things up like link2sd or other stuff?
See step 4... Nobody can explain it to you better than Boroda himself...

It works correctly with no matter what western firmware...
j0534ng31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:20 AM   #14
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS T1
Hi, I need to mount /system partition in read-write mode.

I found this

" We use adb tool in tools directory of SDK.

1. Identifying the /system partition device file: Follow the sample session.

C:\android-sdk-windows-1.1_r1\tools>adb shell

$ su

# mount
rootfs / rootfs ro 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw 0 0
tmpfs /sqlite_stmt_journals tmpfs rw,size=4096k 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock3 /system yaffs2 ro 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock5 /data yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock4 /cache yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,uid=1000,gid=1000,f mask=0711,dmask=0700,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8 859-1,utf8 0 0

/dev/block/mtdblock3 is the /system partition device file.

2. Remounting the /system in read-write mode:

# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

3. If necessary set read-write permission to any directory under /system. Don’t forget to revert back once you get what you are intended to do.

# chmod 777 /system/fonts

4. Exit the hacker session

# exit

$ exit

Enjoy the freedom of /system."

Will this procedure S-off/NAND unlock my PRS T1?

My goal is to change system font by using Font Changer (root) app. For this app to work it requires *FULL ROOT* (aka NAND unlocked or S-OFF)

Last edited by giosa; 02-02-2012 at 08:23 AM.
giosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:40 AM   #15
dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortigern View Post
Did you have to do the enable-adb flashing or anything?
Yes, no ADB without enable-adb. In simple terms this starts a server on the phone with ADB on your PC being the client to access it.
ADB-over-WiFi apps just replace the need to use the USB cable (and basically you could do that rather easily via the console as well, but simply touching the widget is nice), and thus the problems with getting your OS to use the driver needed for the ADB mode.