Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
sosimple
sosimple began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
starting calibre to do only jobs (no gui)

I'am working on project using calibre and I am not able to find the way to start calibre to do only waiting jobs and quit just after finished.

I don't need gui. This will be started from cron.

This type of running calibre should use user configuration from gui version (rss feeds, smtp configuration, device type, ...)
sosimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Pretty much every taks is runnable through the command line interface. What exactly do you need to do?
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #3
sosimple

I have few users who has made configuration of rss delivery in calibre but they don't wont to keep calibre running all the time.
So I thought to read scheduler.xml for each user and get times of requested delivery and add it to cron.
And the only thing I can't do right now is to run calibre without gui to process waiting jobs and stop it just after jobs are done.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:51 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Moved to appropriate forum
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:07 AM   #5
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
There isn't a way to start calibre and have it stop when the last job is finished.

You can have the ebook-convert command line option to download a recipe. I don't know exactly how to do it with a user created recipe. See the user manual for information on using ebook convert.

Once you have the file you can use the calibredb command to add it to the library. Again see th user manual for details.

That's the only way to use calibre with cron and have it close after it completes.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #6
sosimple

I am not sure because I am not a python developer but I have found class
FetchNewsAction and method download_scheduled_recipe which looks like doing what I need but I am not sure of this.
Is it possible to run this code from calibre-debug?
Old 05-27-2011, 01:44 AM   #7
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Why would you try to run the code directly instead of using the command-line utilities like user_none suggested?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:56 AM   #8
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Manichean - I think it was from confusion from the last line of user_none's response. What perhaps wasn't clear was that if you use the Calibre command line tools with cron, then it does not require Calibre to be running. But as per the first line of his response, there isn't a way to automate the start of the full Calibre version of Calibre, let it run its configured jobs and then exit.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote