Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-01-2007, 01:42 AM   #1
wyldkit
Connoisseur
wyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500 (until I have enough Sony Rewards points for the PRS-300)
Greetings from Chicago

Since this is my 17th post, I suppose I'm not really *new* here, but I never properly introduced myself. And since my Reader has finally arrived, maybe I will now post something more interesting than "still waiting for the Reader..."

I work at a university in Chicago, and I love to read mystery novels and sci fi and (auto)biographies.

I've had my Reader for about 10 hours now and have already read hundreds of pages (after transferring books on my Mac with the terrific libprs500 program). I was asked about the Reader by a random guy on the bus, and I showed it off to lots of philosophy grad students (who all loved the idea and the look but also wondered how to reconcile it with their fetishistic attachment to old paper books). My boyfriend has stolen it to read on for the moment, so I may just need to get him one too.

I am so happy to have found this site, and I don't think it's hyperbole to suggest that the Reader (and probably future devices like it) will change my life!
wyldkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:31 AM   #2
fireproof
Enthusiast
fireproof began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten|TX, Sony Reader^H^H^H^H, iLiad, iPhone
Was that you with your nose glued to your reader as you got off the Green line train at Adams?

If not, I'm pleased to report there are multiple Sony Reader fans in Chicago -- and a few of them can read and walk at the same time...
fireproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:18 AM   #3
wyldkit
Connoisseur
wyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500 (until I have enough Sony Rewards points for the PRS-300)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireproof View Post
Was that you with your nose glued to your reader as you got off the Green line train at Adams?

If not, I'm pleased to report there are multiple Sony Reader fans in Chicago -- and a few of them can read and walk at the same time...
Nope, I was on the Red line, but good to know there are others in Chicago using the Reader!
wyldkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:22 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
My girlfriend is from Chicago, does that qualify? I love this city!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote