Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #1
krcop04
krcop04 began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK
Found a new ebook reader

I found a new ebook reader not on market yet. It seems that the screen size is about 5" or 6"

http://www.pageonestore.com

Anyone know what this is?
krcop04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:08 PM   #2
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Is that a real product?

It looks like a bunch of mockups of a device, but I can't see specs and more info. Did a Google search and couldn't find any information on it either?

It looks like a pretty sweet design though. I love simplistic and aesthetically pleasing designs like that (the nook looks great to me as well).
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #3
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
It look sort of like the RCA Lexi that was shown at CES. I think I have seen the form somewhere else more recent but I can't think of it right now. somewhere on alibaba maybe..

good news for the folks down under as it looks like the site was registered in Australia.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:26 PM   #4
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Someone planing to resell from these guys?

http://www.nextpapyrus.com/PageEn.aspx?MenuID=HomeEng
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:30 PM   #5
krcop04
krcop04 began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK
I googled pageone but no hope yet.

I like the simple design as well that's why I have bought nook.

It seems that it uses metal front rather than a plastic. Usually those thin hairline cannot be made by plastic...
krcop04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
It look sort of like the RCA Lexi that was shown at CES. I think I have seen the form somewhere else more recent but I can't think of it right now. somewhere on alibaba maybe..

good news for the folks down under as it looks like the site was registered in Australia.
I don't know where you got your info, but I found that the site was registered out of San Jose CA. The address in the whois listing showed as being an office park. The admin contact was Jeehoon Kim, a SWE for CDNetworks.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:55 PM   #7
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah it is Next Papyrus' platform. You can see that on the FCC label NPR0630A. It's Auo Sipix epaper.

I remember the video showing how fast their display was with the epson controllers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsJqe8tofDw

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 03-15-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:58 PM   #8
Dulin's Books
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I don't know where you got your info, but I found that the site was registered out of San Jose CA. The address in the whois listing showed as being an office park. The admin contact was Jeehoon Kim, a SWE for CDNetworks.
yeah weird. i just did a whois search. maybe i typed something wrong the first time. now i find the same info as you
Old 03-15-2010, 07:03 PM   #9
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
That's what I found for them and dshusa.com which is the site the 'Home' link refers to.

It's a nice looking reader. It looks like the black is a wood grain-type finish and the white is speckled metallic. I guess we just wait and see what happens.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:07 PM   #10
Dulin's Books
Wizard

actually NextPapyrus has the same address as the website registration. So they maybe are looking to market the device themselves. I've sent them an email.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:10 PM   #11
Dulin's Books
Wizard

Got a reply. It is actually the platform with e-ink and not sipix. It does have the same controllers etc that show such great speed in the video but they pointed out that the speed depends on other things like format as well. This will be marketed first in S. Korea.

Formats are epub,pdf, mobi,prc,chm,fb2,palmdoc(pdb) html,txt ,rtf and plucker which i have a link for http://www.plkr.org/

6 inch vizplex display
2GB ingternal w/ micro sdhc for up to 16gb more
Folder support
125mm W x 157mm L x 8.4mm D
7oz (200grams)
2200mAh battery(15,000 page turns)
Metal bodies with anodized surface
"Internal T-shaped solid frame"

Seems like a nice rugged/solid device with some good intentions for battery life, support for folders and lots of formats.

They were surprised to hear the site had been found. I might get a look at one in April.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:30 PM   #12
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
I like the looks of that with the exception that the page turn buttons are only on the right side. Now if they add a set to the bottom and the left side it would be almost perfict, just need to add .lit support to the file list.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:32 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by krcop04 View Post
I found a new ebook reader not on market yet. It seems that the screen size is about 5" or 6"

http://www.pageonestore.com

Anyone know what this is?
It's a totally useless website.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:19 PM   #14
Dulin's Books
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdf9511 View Post
I like the looks of that with the exception that the page turn buttons are only on the right side. Now if they add a set to the bottom and the left side it would be almost perfict, just need to add .lit support to the file list.
Just my personal preference but i dont understand why you would want buttons all over? It makes for a much more compact device to have the buttons on one side and be able to rotate the display to the orientation or hand hold you desire. Or like the Boox have one multifunction on the bottom dead center that can be reached from either hand easily. Lots of buttons is just tooo busy for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's a totally useless website.
It's supposed to be. Their site is under construction. Thats just the place holder. They were surprised anyone found it.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:43 AM   #15
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Depends on whether you're right-handed or left-handed, your hand strength, and the size of your hand. Putting the page turn buttons on both sides is just more convenient for some people, not to mention it allows you to change your hand position(s) when reading for a long time.

A single center-button would be a deal-breaker for me, for example.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote