Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-08-2007, 01:55 PM   #46
JimCuk
Enthusiast
JimCuk began at the beginning.

Device: Prs-500
I think, though dont quote me (still testing) its the multi threading part thats messing it up. Changed it to one thread in the options and now the order seems ok, does this sound plausible?
JimCuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:38 PM   #47
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

(manually cropped using acrobat, and selected formatting in portrait mode, rastering using 2.1.3).

...PROCESSING
Starting to process page: 1 of 13
Starting to process page: 2 of 13
Starting to process page: 3 of 13
Starting to process page: 4 of 13
Starting to process page: 5 of 13
Starting to process page: 6 of 13
Starting to process page: 7 of 13
Starting to process page: 8 of 13

runtime error R6028
- unable to initialize heap

when i clicked okay from the dialog box that poped up about sleep.exe, the rest went through. thought you may like to know.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PIN.pdf (139.4 KB, 792 views)

Last edited by jakeluck; 01-08-2007 at 02:42 PM.
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:43 PM   #48
alex_d
Addict
alex_d doesn't litteralex_d doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
JinCuk... you're saying page order is completely random for you... unless you only use one thread. Lol, well, at least you've discovered a workaround.

Hmm... Are they totally random (eg, page 1 goes to page 100) or only somewhat random (page 54 goes to page 52)? Thing is that at the point where multithreading is working, page numbers aren't really able to go out of order. My feeling is that maybe when that step finishes, and all the pages are in one folder, and my script asks Windows to list the contents of that folder.... windows doesn't list it in alphabetical (numerical) order and the pages get created in whatever way they're listed.

On my machine and seemingly most other people's it's always alphabetical, but maybe that can change. Could you do me a favor and right before you do "Press RETURN to close...", you go into temp/result and take a look at the files there? What order are they in? Also, if you take a file, eg, "0025" and rename it to "0025.png" and open it, is it a picture of page 25?

If it's just a problem of ordering, I should be able to fix it easily. I thought i could get away with a more elegant method, but guess not.

jakeluck... thanks for the bugreport. Sounds like it's not so much a bug as just windows running out of ram. What puzzles me is why sleep crashes and nothing else. However, sleep.exe doesn't do much and it doesn't really matter. Let me know if this happens often/repeatably or with plenty of free ram.
alex_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 01:36 AM   #49
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

alex, thanks for the tip, i increased my RAM by another 512MB and the problem hasn't appeared again sofar.

a feature suggestion:

a half-of-a-page layout: i have a number of books that are 2 pages on a landscaped letter page. right now i manually crop and split the pdf and then use my custom written pdf merging app to shuffle togetherthe pages again. would you please implement this layout structure?
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 03:59 AM   #50
JimCuk
Enthusiast

Alex, Its not completely random just up to 4 pages out of sync. Im testing it with multi threading now.

Re Jakes problem Its memory related I suspect as I had it too when I turned off my pagefile and ran out of ram. Just increase your pagefile or run fraster on its own.

Will be back in a bit with more info re: page sync problems
Old 01-09-2007, 04:54 AM   #51
JimCuk
Enthusiast

Ok so more info on sync problem, in the Result folder the pages are in correct order, both the file order in windows and the pages themselves IE 0013 is page 13 in the book. But in the LRF page 13 is page 14. :|
Old 01-09-2007, 03:29 PM   #52
grebki
grebki began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Problems with Landscape

Hi,
I'm having trouble with PDF's that are in Landscape setting (for example, PDF printed PowerPoint slides) and PDF's with mixed Landscape/Portriat pages. It seems that the tool always expects the page to be portrait, and if it is rotated to landscape, then the resulting rasterized page has a large blank area at the top, and the rest of the page squished into the bottom -- as if the landscape page were shrunk down to fit onto a portriat page. Is there a setting to rotate landscape pages before processing or something like that?

-G
grebki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:02 PM   #53
SeNS
Enthusiast
SeNS will become famous soon enoughSeNS will become famous soon enoughSeNS will become famous soon enoughSeNS will become famous soon enoughSeNS will become famous soon enoughSeNS will become famous soon enoughSeNS will become famous soon enough

Device: Google Nexus 7
grebki, try JAP https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...?t=9146&page=1. You can set parameters for each page manually.
SeNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:35 PM   #54
jbresee
jbresee began at the beginning.

Device: (802) 373-9060
Vista install....

I can't get the pdfrasterfarian to install under vista.
It's something to do with how the relative paths are pieced together - it ends up with an extra slash.

If I try to execute at the cmd line, it complains that UI captions.cmd is not a recognized command.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jim
jbresee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:50 PM   #55
grebki
grebki began at the beginning.

Landscape problems solved!

JAP works well! I simply rotated the pages, re-printed them to PDF, and then PDFRasterFarized them. Looks good -- It's especially nice for all of the engineering documentation that has lots of tables/digrams/etc. that I need. Now I can look like a Star Trek geek in the lab! WooHoo!

Hmm. Maybe I spoke too soon... It works with 1/4 page, but if I only have 1 frame and rotate, then for some reason it automagicallly figures out that it should still be landscape and rotates it back when viewing (and RasterFarizing)? Strange.

-G

Last edited by grebki; 01-09-2007 at 07:19 PM.
grebki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:08 PM   #56
alex_d
Addict
alex_d doesn't litteralex_d doesn't litter

whoa... JAP can be used to pre-process pdfs for pdfrasterfarian?

that's definately a good combo. jap for manual cropping + pdfrasterfarian for post-processing. jap still has a couple of issues, though (as, of course, does pdfrasterfarian).

JimCuk... hold on and i'll post 2.1.4 with the fix.
jpresee... i don't have vista yet so i can't test. Someone else on this thread had a problem with vista and was able to solve it (something about vista blocking cmd script files). The extra slash shouldn't matter.
alex_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:17 AM   #57
JimCuk
Enthusiast

Cheers Alex
Old 01-10-2007, 01:21 PM   #58
evgen
evgen began at the beginning.

Why is Adobe Reader necessary?

Just curious, but given the fact that Adobe Reader is a bloated piece of crapware (that now has known security problems) it tends to be the first thing I nuke from my boxes to be replaced with FoxIt. What role does it play in the process?
evgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:11 PM   #59
jenia
jenia began at the beginning.

man, so many russkies here - it must be because of the special respect we have for the written word (and for intellectual property rights )

anyway, in addition to the parenthesis, having the ampersand (&) in the file name causes the app to hang after the first step. I gather it can't find the file - in mode two it directs me to go to mode three, saying that I can input file names manually, while in mode 3, it asks to input the file path.

also, at the step when you are asked to enter the name and author of the book, if you enter an ampersand in the title, it won't show up in the catalog of the reader or the connect software - the filename will show up instead.

Last edited by jenia; 01-13-2007 at 12:37 AM.
jenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:58 PM   #60
magogo
magogo began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifidong
Code:
Input File Name : C:\Documents and Settings\dongsshi\Desktop\PDFrasterFarian 2.1.2\\temp\temp.lrs
Output File Name : C:\Documents and Settings\dongsshi\Desktop\PDFrasterFarian 2.1.2\_30__revive.lrf
ファイルの整合性をチェックします
整合性のチェック完了
[Warning ] Publisherの文字列が長すぎて、表示しきれない場合があります。
書誌情報ファイルの整合性をチェックします
書誌情報ファイルの整合性チェック完了
[Warning ] Invalid value blockrule. Set Default value [line: 37]
[Error ] Invalid file encoding. [line: 39]
ファイルが正しくありません
強制終了
次のファイルを削除します。:: C:\Documents and Settings\dongsshi\Desktop\PDFrasterFarian 2.1.2\_30__revive.lrf
That's what the lrs2lrf.log file contains
I have no clue why those Japanese Fonts are in there.
Also, I have installed East Asian Languages but, Language for non-Unicode programs is set to English (US default).

I attempted on several files, including this one (12 pages)
and eBooks. However same thing happens.
I've got similar error messages as fifidong, even with the attached sample pdf. I am using 2.1.3.
magogo is offline   Reply With Quote