Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-12-2013, 01:11 AM   #1
maxilogan
maxilogan began at the beginning.

Device: nook e-ink
Changing PW offers country of origin

I have a jailbreaked PW which I purchased through my colleagues living in FL and got once they came to the headquarters in Italy. At the time, PW was still not on catalogue on Amazon.it

I wonder whether I can change the special offers I see so that they correspond to the Italian Amazon site/catalogue. Don't want to get rid of them, just (as I mostly read in Italian rather than English) take advantage of them if there is something interesting in Italian. Is it something violating the EULA?

Thank you in advance
maxilogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:28 AM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
You can't. IIRC, the SO models are only sold in the US, so SO devices only contain US-specific ads.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:22 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
You can't. IIRC, the SO models are only sold in the US, so SO devices only contain US-specific ads.
Absolutely right. SO Kindles are officially only sold for the US market.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #4
maxilogan

I didn't know about this.. so it makes sense to keep it like it is: between no SO (an hypothetical change to the Italian version) and English SO, I'll maintain the latter, so that if I face anything valuable in English I'll buy it, while for Italian SOs I'll keep looking to the Amazon.it website

Thanks for your help, this community in great! (Had a Nook classic before the kindle and found a real lot of resources here).
Old 04-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #5
endriu
Enthusiast
endriu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
In order to remove the SO it's enough to contact the Amazon's Support and declare that you live outside US and do not plan to use their shop. I did it, as I reside in Poland, and they removed the SO remotely for free.
endriu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #6
maxilogan

Interesting option, thanks for letting me know