Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-01-2021, 09:07 AM   #1
ichnilatis
Groupie
ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Fast battery drain

I have version v2021.07-7 of KOReader in my PB628 and, while I usually charge the device every two weeks, I had to charge it twice last week.
The battery drains in a rate of 15% per hour!

Is it possible that this problem is related to KOReader?
ichnilatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 10:02 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That does sound like abnormal battery drain, but who knows who's at fault here . PB is a weird platform for us.

Do you happen to have autostandby enabled? It aims to help with that, but since it sinks its hooks deep into the event loop while also relying on firmware behavior, it may be harmful in some cases...
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2021, 03:11 AM   #3
ichnilatis
Groupie
ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ichnilatis once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I think that I had enabled it lately. But anyway I consider it unnecessary since I have activated a similar option in PB...
So, I will disable it in KOReader and see if the problem is due to it.

Thanks!
ichnilatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 04:43 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Note that, AFAIK, The native option will do hardly anything for us, hence the in-KOReader autostandby handling (which, as I mentioned above, does *also* rely on said native feature, but I have no idea if the actual setting is relevant) .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote