Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 04-07-2007, 05:58 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Post Verne, Jules: A Journey to the Interior of the Earth. v2, 22 Feb 2008

Another Verne classic, "A Journey to the Interior of the Earth". Again, I've used the best of the several PG translations, and done considerable tidying up - reformatting, making all the in-line footnotes into proper linked endnotes, etc.

This is one of the few English versions which is actually an accurate translation of the French original. By far the most commonly-encountered English version, generally called "Journey to the Centre of the Earth", is a complete "re-write" of the book rather than a translation, with most of the names changed and considerable plot differences. I'll upload that one so that people can see just how different the two versions are!

Interesting piece of triva: this book (first published in 1864) is the first novel to describe what we now call dinosaurs.

Enjoy!

EDIT: 22 Feb 08

Recreated the book. Added illustrations of the various Runic inscriptions. Manually replaced hyphens by dashes where needed. All in all a considerable improvement over the previous version. Uploaded v2.

Previous download count: 307
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf A Journey to the Interior of the Earth.lrf (333.2 KB, 2538 views)
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:54 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Recreated the book. Added illustrations of the various Runic inscriptions. Manually replaced hyphens by dashes where needed. All in all a considerable improvement over the previous version. Uploaded v2.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2008, 06:50 PM   #3
glencbr
glencbr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
This is my first visit to the forum -- I just bought a Sony PRS-505 -- and I'm amazed at the community and all the effort performed by Reader enthusiasts. This Jules Verne caught my eye, and I can't wait to start my journey. Thank you!
glencbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:51 AM   #4
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I originally started reading the version from the Sony store, but I decided to see if Mobile Read had a copy.

I really appreciated the addition of the Runes -- thanks so much for the extra work!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote