Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-02-2023, 07:43 PM   #61
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Them's the rules. You are perfectly free to purchase elsewhere.
Of course I can (and do) purchase elsewhere. I read the terms when I signed up and nowhere do I recall a limit when redeeming points. Your post is pointless.

Last edited by Skydog; 03-02-2023 at 07:54 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 07:52 PM   #62
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
I guess this could have changed, but I've stacked them more than once. You may have to wait a bit after getting the first $3 credit, as once it took about an hour for the second one to get added.

I splurged for Christmas and my birthday, so stacked a few times.
That underscores my point. Where are the rules to the contrary posted? And if they are changed during the "beta" period, any changes need to be posted.
Advert
Old 03-02-2023, 08:16 PM   #63
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
That underscores my point. Where are the rules to the contrary posted? And if they are changed during the "beta" period, any changes need to be posted.
Have you waited a while between requesting a first $3 redemption and another?

Usually, it happened right away, but there were a couple of times I requested the first $3 and had to wait over an hour to be able to request the second one. And it could have been more than an hour.

This last double points day it took almost six hours before the points showed up.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 11:44 PM   #64
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
Have you waited a while between requesting a first $3 redemption and another?

Usually, it happened right away, but there were a couple of times I requested the first $3 and had to wait over an hour to be able to request the second one. And it could have been more than an hour.

This last double points day it took almost six hours before the points showed up.
I waited over 24 hours and came to the conclusion that it wasn't possible. Perhaps I'll try again.
Old 06-02-2023, 12:41 AM   #65
Gripweed
Enthusiast
Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.Gripweed shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: PW5-v11
Looks like Amazon is changing the rules. Now you only get 3 points for every dollar spent on a Kindle book. It used to be 5 points. So, if you want to get that whopping $3 off a future book you need to spend $100 rather than the previous $60.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-2023-06-02-12-34-44-AM.png
Views:	49
Size:	228.3 KB
ID:	201838

Last edited by issybird; 06-02-2023 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Oversize image attached as thumbnail. Please read the guidelines for limits on image size.
Gripweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2023, 01:05 AM   #66
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Yeah, they made it pretty crappy with these changes. They halved the points and changed expiration from 6 months to 3.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 02:05 AM   #67
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
Yeah, they made it pretty crappy with these changes. They halved the points and changed expiration from 6 months to 3.
I agree. And in my case, those special "2× points for one day" emails arrive about 2 hours before the offer expires. I've already lost what little interest I had in the program. Amazon continues to go downhill.
Old 06-02-2023, 03:00 AM   #68
Kindleing
Groupie
Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Kobos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
I agree. And in my case, those special "2× points for one day" emails arrive about 2 hours before the offer expires. I've already lost what little interest I had in the program. Amazon continues to go downhill.
I don't even get them - they say I am subscribed to the emails, but they never show up. I have to depend on forums to find out the specials are in place.

I'll continue to use it until they discontinue it simply because I'm buying the books anyway, might as well use the points.
Kindleing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 12:15 PM   #69
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Nice while it lasted.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 05:35 PM   #70
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
I dunno. This is pretty awful and probably a net PR negative for Amazon because it makes them seem incredibly stingy and mean, but honestly for someone like me who easily spends £100/month on books the expiry change won't affect me.

Except that of course they never ran this in savage remote uncivilized places like the UK or Europe, so it won't affect me in any case.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 05:02 AM   #71
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
I dunno. This is pretty awful and probably a net PR negative for Amazon because it makes them seem incredibly stingy and mean, but honestly for someone like me who easily spends £100/month on books the expiry change won't affect me.

Except that of course they never ran this in savage remote uncivilized places like the UK or Europe, so it won't affect me in any case.
That's because Amazon treats stores outside of the US as "we don't give a damn about you because you are outside of the US".
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 09:13 AM   #72
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's because Amazon treats stores outside of the US as "we don't give a damn about you because you are outside of the US".
You've made this rant before and it's bizarre, frankly. Do you really think that Amazon deliberately shoots itself in the foot with free-flowing spleen directed at its off-shore markets? That's absurd. International commerce for a company with revenues in the hundreds of billions can't be reduced to emotion.

Even though the drastic cuts in reward levels are off-putting, it's probably salutary to remember that the Kindle Rewards program is beta and by invitation only. Participants are still getting something for nothing and if they've spent more than they intended as a result, that's their lookout, just as if people stop buying because of changes, that's Amazon's. No one has anything to complain about, even me.

When Kobo Plus started in Canada and was rolled out to a few other countries before the US, it wasn't anti-Americanism. Sometimes beta is beta and business is business.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote