Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-29-2017, 03:46 AM   #61
huseyinkoylu1
Enthusiast
huseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Onyx Boox N96 CML
hi. i wrote to onyx international for pc solution to boox max/n96 and they sent me the link below. it seems simple . can anybody try it;?

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s158/...03a115238a0bf2
huseyinkoylu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:27 AM   #62
huseyinkoylu1
Enthusiast
huseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

??????
Advert
Old 03-29-2017, 02:44 PM   #63
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by huseyinkoylu1 View Post
??????
I posted this link some days ago in same thread and obviously tried it before posting. It works with some limitations. For my devices it worked at best in mirror mode. Extended Desktop (VirtualMonitor) mode was quite unstable. In next version the mouse pointer will be added (it is not available in current alpha version)
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:51 AM   #64
huseyinkoylu1
Enthusiast

Thanks Booxtor. But for Max 2 will pc solution be pre installed? I am not goods in pc issues
Old 03-30-2017, 01:26 AM   #65
onthetopo
onthetopo began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max
What is the point of having a monitor without mouse? Is there any workaround for this? Would really appreciate a workaround for displaying mouse in alpha version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
I posted this link some days ago in same thread and obviously tried it before posting. It works with some limitations. For my devices it worked at best in mirror mode. Extended Desktop (VirtualMonitor) mode was quite unstable. In next version the mouse pointer will be added (it is not available in current alpha version)
onthetopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2017, 07:49 AM   #66
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
hi. i wrote to onyx international for pc solution to boox max/n96 and they sent me the link below. it seems simple . can anybody try it;?

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s158/...03a115238a0bf2
I can only see "page not found" from Evernote.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:53 AM   #67
huseyinkoylu1
Enthusiast

desktop_sync_v0.3.zip
https://mega.nz/#!cQECiSzT!qHJHXMQ_v...RF1A9A8xmVgNBo

1. enable "USB debugging" in device

2. install USB driver in PC for Max/N96 (can use the USB driver for Google Nexus 7)
Check if USB driver is properly installed:
uncompress the archive file "desktop_sync_vX.X.zip", go to the folder "desktop_sync\", open CMD command window at this directory, type command "adb devices -l" to check if has input. For example:
C:\desktop_sync>adb devices -l
List of devices attached
0123456789ABCDEF offline
the last line means the driver correctly installed.

3. connect microUSB to device, open "DesktopSync.exe"

4. If nothing shown in device, you can unplug microUSB, restart the device and plug-in again
Old 03-31-2017, 01:42 PM   #68
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
desktop_sync_v0.3.zip
https://mega.nz/#!cQECiSzT!qHJHXMQ_v...RF1A9A8xmVgNBo

1. enable "USB debugging" in device

2. install USB driver in PC for Max/N96 (can use the USB driver for Google Nexus 7)
Check if USB driver is properly installed:
uncompress the archive file "desktop_sync_vX.X.zip", go to the folder "desktop_sync\", open CMD command window at this directory, type command "adb devices -l" to check if has input. For example:
C:\desktop_sync>adb devices -l
List of devices attached
0123456789ABCDEF offline
the last line means the driver correctly installed.

3. connect microUSB to device, open "DesktopSync.exe"

4. If nothing shown in device, you can unplug microUSB, restart the device and plug-in again
Thanks for sharing but it is windows software
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:12 PM   #69
skobie78
Enthusiast
skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Onyx M92, Onyx Boox Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
for those of you, who own a Max or N96, you can try the alpha version of our DesktopSync solution.
Some feedback would be very appreciated.
Thanks Booxtor, I have it working on my Win 7 / 64-bit.

It works fine so far. I have used Excel and a text editor, no problem except the shadows of old screens build up expecially when you use dropdown menus. This is just a characteristic of eink - holding down the right button fully refreshes the screen.

I haven't figured out how to mirror the display - at the moment, the Max is showing an area to the left of my PC screen. This might be an issue with my PC because I have messed about with display settings a lot in the past.

I used the VNC external monitor solution on the Onyx M92 in the past - it wasn't great. This is far far better
skobie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 05:54 PM   #70
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
How does this DesktopSync work? Is it VNC, but maybe optimized?
Plans and feasibility to make it run on Linux?
Performance comparison with available VNC clients (or other solutions)?
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 05:56 PM   #71
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skobie78 View Post
I used the VNC external monitor solution on the Onyx M92 in the past - it wasn't great. This is far far better
Which VNC client did you use?
When you say "far far better", you mean far better performance or...?
Old 04-20-2017, 02:59 PM   #72
mdp
Wizard

(Photos attached, text following)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	i86_vnc_1_sm.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	156279   Click image for larger version

Name:	i86_vnc_2_sm.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	156280  
Old 04-20-2017, 03:38 PM   #73
mdp
Wizard

(With over one year of delay,) my results, positive.

I created a network connection between the i86, latest firmware, and a recent OS:
-- I rooted the i86 using Cydia Impactor (0.9.14);
-- the one-liner below enables on it the networking through USB and assigns the address:
Code:
setprop sys.usb.config rndis ; ifconfig rndis0 192.168.2.2
of course, one can issue that command through the ADB shell. Only, please note that Onyx removed the so-called "rndis,adb" configuration (probably to automate the access to the filesystem upon connecting the cable?), so that "setprop" will close the console (that is why it is handy to assign the address in the same line).

The system on the other end of the cable will also need its address (such as through `ifconfig usb0 192.168.2.1`). I experienced disconnections using an old system, but no problem at all using a recent one.

As a VNC server for the desktop/laptop system, I used x11vnc, with very good results.

As a VNC client, I found that Iordan Iordanov's bVNC (com.iiordanov.freebVNC.apk) works very, very well. It is, by the way, open source - so it may be easy to integrate it with the Onyx SDK and implement, e.g., full screen refresh through gesture etc. Nonetheless,
-- I had no problem at all with ghosting - maybe it was there, I could not even notice it
-- speaking of gestures, this configuration allowed the touchscreen of the i86 to interact with the system, mouse-like.

I configured the desktop as 800x600, scaled automatically on the 1600x1200 of the i86 with high quality rendering (no jagging, perfectly smooth). Low resolution only not to squint at the 8 inches, or not to reconfigure desktop fonts etc.

The experienced results are, I would say, extremely promising. I will reserve "jawdropping" etc. probably to a well fine-tuned configuration. But yes, I would certainly work on this system. The i86 is probably too small for most things, but not necessarily (I use it for desktop task and through Android...); the Max would be, well, quite something. Screen update responsiveness is very fast (not technically - of course moving large windows is messy -, but perceptually: you can work with it in a flow).
I only felt a little annoyance at the response of the mouse, but probably nothing that changing the configuration of the acceleration would not fix (as you know, the updates of the screen details flash a lot on the display, so the pointer looks agonizing when settling on a position).

I was expecting much, much less.
It makes you want to work outdoors immediately.

Of course, responsibility in any attempt, including leaning to better read these lines or risking a muscolar strain by smiling in happiness having read them, remains with those whose who wish to undertake the endeavour...

Last edited by mdp; 04-20-2017 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:13 PM   #74
SnowRipple
Zealot
SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Note Pro
Sounds great @mdp!

We would love to see some videos..
SnowRipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 09:05 AM   #75
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowRipple View Post
Sounds great @mdp!

We would love to see some videos..
(And I was wondering "how [to support the camera since I had my six extra arms removed]", until I realized that I am the proud owner of a "Stanley multi angle Vice"(TM)! The remaining problem is (besides getting a focus, which appeared to be difficult when I shoot the photos already): is there a way I missed to upload a video here? I would by common sense produce a .webm (or .mp4, or .mkv), but on this phpBB I only see .avi . If you have hints, let me know. Otherwise, I will see if I can create a youtube account. )

I am creating a machine as a "desktop" basis to mirror on the i86 and shoot the video.
Suggestions for contents are accepted and welcome.