Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
Ephraim
Enthusiast
Ephraim began at the beginning.

Device: ibooks
Italicized Fonts not showing up!!

First off this is for a new ePub Im creating. When I go to copy the text over to Sigil it does not transfer over the italicized fonts. It keeps it looking just like the rest. Anyway to fix this? Thanks in advance.
Ephraim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #2
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
In Sigil you should see somewhere on the toolbar the following:

A A A A

Highlight the word you want italicised and click on the A. I don't believe it is possible for text formatting to be carried over by copy/paste.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephraim View Post
First off this is for a new ePub Im creating. When I go to copy the text over to Sigil it does not transfer over the italicized fonts. It keeps it looking just like the rest. Anyway to fix this? Thanks in advance.
When you copy Text (WYSIWYG), from some other source, it does not always have the proper HTML tags , so you don't get what was in the source.
If yo copy HTML Code to Code view (CV), the you have tags
Code:
<i>words</i>
Import an (Text Add) existing if you want the styling to come along.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:33 AM   #4
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Are you using embedded fonts? Font variants (bold, italic etc) for embedded fonts will not show up correctly in the Book View. They will look like the regular font.

This is a QtWebKit bug.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:45 PM   #5
Ephraim
Enthusiast

Thank you for your replies...How do I go about copying the HTML code over to code view and not just the plain text?
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #6
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
If it already html, why don't you just import it? Just add existing item and you're off.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #7
Ephraim
Enthusiast

Ok....sorry I'm not understanding. I have a PDF..and I was just copying and pasting all chapters over to Sigil. But then I noticed that all the styling wasn't in the text (Italicized Fonts). So how do I go about fixing this? Sorry..I'm a Novice at this stuff. Your help is appreciated!
Old 12-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ok....sorry I'm not understanding. I have a PDF..and I was just copying and pasting all chapters over to Sigil. But then I noticed that all the styling wasn't in the text (Italicized Fonts). So how do I go about fixing this? Sorry..I'm a Novice at this stuff. Your help is appreciated!
Try converting with Calibre.
Styled text is like cookies in a Styling package.
When you copied the text, you removed the package to get the cookies out
Old 12-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #9
Ephraim
Enthusiast

when you say "Calibre" you mean the epub converter program? And are you saying instead of using sigil or convert with Calibre then use sigil?
Old 12-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #10
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Ephraim, it would be worth trying Calibre to convert the PDF to EPUB. Not all PDFs convert well, but some do. If it doesn't work, you're no worse off than you are now, but if it does work, it might save you a lot of effort.

Calibre home page
Calibre forum (in Mobileread)
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:18 PM   #11
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
After conversion, load the epub in Sigil for some fine-tuning though...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #12
Ephraim
Enthusiast

Ok...Thanks guys. That worked great. Calibre worked well with my file and I've cleaned it up with Sigil.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:44 PM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Ok...Thanks guys. That worked great. Calibre worked well with my file and I've cleaned it up with Sigil.
Glad it worked out
A minor point Calibre is a Library Manager that happens to convert books (when needed).

Rather than try and get it to make a 'perfect' conversion, I just get it close and polish it with Sigil.