Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-04-2018, 09:28 PM   #1
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Goodreads best books of 2018

Thought it was worth posting

https://www.goodreads.com/choiceawar...=choice_awards

I read CIRCE which was surprisingly good. I could not put it down. I also read The Outsider and Elevation which were good books but rather tame for Stephen King. I have Children of Blood and Bone and have not read it as of yet.

I am surprised Dean Koontz Jane Hawk series did not make this or last years lists.

Last edited by HLS; 12-04-2018 at 09:32 PM.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:24 AM   #2
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
Thought it was worth posting

https://www.goodreads.com/choiceawar...=choice_awards

I read CIRCE which was surprisingly good. I could not put it down. I also read The Outsider and Elevation which were good books but rather tame for Stephen King. I have Children of Blood and Bone and have not read it as of yet.
That's good to hear about CIRCE, I'm starting it today. None of the titles I voted for made the list, btw.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:40 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I read the Outsider. I enjoyed it, but for a King book it was a bit middle-of-the-road. It did make me want to finally read the Mr. Mercedes trilogy though, so there's that.

I'm reading Children of Blood and Bone now (it was recently on sale for $2.99). I like the world, I like the writing. The mixture of African words and fantasy words can make it hard to read at first. Also, the story isn't fantastic. It's basically the Clash of the Titans, The Dark Crystal and many other fantasy stories: collect the disparate parts of the magic whatsit so you can do what needs doing before some arbitrary time.

But I'm enjoying it. The book is narrated by three main characters and I enjoy their different perspectives.

And I love the cover.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 12-05-2018 at 01:45 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:21 PM   #4
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Circe and Herding Cats both got my vote. Both excellent in their own way.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:22 PM   #5
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Circe was different but I end up liking it. I purchased her other book as well https://www.amazon.com/Song-Achilles...words=Achilles
Old 12-12-2018, 09:26 PM   #6
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I read the Outsider. I enjoyed it, but for a King book it was a bit middle-of-the-road. It did make me want to finally read the Mr. Mercedes trilogy though, so there's that.

I'm reading Children of Blood and Bone now (it was recently on sale for $2.99). I like the world, I like the writing. The mixture of African words and fantasy words can make it hard to read at first. Also, the story isn't fantastic. It's basically the Clash of the Titans, The Dark Crystal and many other fantasy stories: collect the disparate parts of the magic whatsit so you can do what needs doing before some arbitrary time.

But I'm enjoying it. The book is narrated by three main characters and I enjoy their different perspectives.

And I love the cover.

Mr Mercedes first and third book was really good for the third was the continuation of the first and has a supernatural element. The middle book I did not care for, it was more of a stand alone book and has a different vilian so you can read the first and skip to the third and not miss anything lol Elevation was interesting but over priced for a short book I liked it but the ending was meh. It never explained the situation