Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-05-2018, 08:11 PM   #31
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
the editor does work independently of the main program. @Doitsu when you call subprocess to run epubcheck, you should specify the creationflags variable to ensure cd window is not created. something like

Code:
import win32process
subprocess.Popen(...., creationflags=win32process.CREATE_NO_WINDOW)
Thanks for the help, Kovid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Thanks for the code snippet! I'll add it to the plugin and release a new version today.
Thanks Doitsu for the quick correction. It works perfectly now!
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 09:40 PM   #32
kobayashi
Groupie
kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: KA1
The 0.1.4 update causes Calibre to hang and never update on my Mac.
kobayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:28 PM   #33
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashi View Post
Can you provide more details? Just tested this on my Mac, and it's working for me.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 04:26 AM   #34
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashi View Post
Most likely the file download was incomplete. Please re-download the plugin zip file and generate an MD5 checksum for it:
  1. Open a terminal window.
  2. Enter md5
  3. Drag & drop EpubCheck.zip from the Downloads folder to the Terminal window and hit Enter.

The MD5 value should be 040b7ec0fb115afee69441384cb20017.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 08:40 AM   #35
kobayashi
Groupie
kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: KA1
Quote:
Most likely the file download was incomplete. Please re-download the plugin zip file and generate an MD5 checksum for it:
  1. Open a terminal window.
  2. Enter md5
  3. Drag & drop EpubCheck.zip from the Downloads folder to the Terminal window and hit Enter.

The MD5 value should be 040b7ec0fb115afee69441384cb20017.
That may have been the issue. Tried it again this morning and it worked as normal.
kobayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:08 AM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've just run the new version for the first time with the Calibre editor. I have gotten 18 warnings. Would it be possible to fix the plugin so we can see the warnings and fix them if we want? Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 12:27 PM   #37
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have gotten 18 warnings. Would it be possible to fix the plugin so we can see the warnings and fix them if we want?
I don't understand your problem. The new version might display more warnings, but other than that it should behave exactly as the old version.
If it doesn't, please provide more details.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:37 PM   #38
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you for the update, @Doitsu. That was fast!
Old 11-27-2018, 11:41 PM   #39
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I don't understand your problem. The new version might display more warnings, but other than that it should behave exactly as the old version.
If it doesn't, please provide more details.
When I played with it, I detached the postage stamp sized window used for epubcheck's output and dumped it on a second monitor where I resized it to a more useful size. I used a couple of test files and had 5 more errors using the new version than the old version generated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	epubcheck_docked.PNG
Views:	331
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	168039   Click image for larger version

Name:	epubcheck_undocked.PNG
Views:	359
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	168040  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 03:07 AM   #40
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Hi David,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I detached the postage stamp sized window used for epubcheck's output and dumped it on a second monitor
You can have the plugin automatically close the Check book panel. (You can also have the plugin copy the raw EPUBCheck messages to the system clipboard, by adding a "clipboard_copy": true entry to EpubCheck.json.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I used a couple of test files and had 5 more errors using the new version than the old version generated.
Thanks for your report. Can you please post the five error messages and the code fragments that they refer to?

BTW, the only additional message that I got for files created by very old Calibre/Sigil versions was:

Code:
ERROR(NCX-001): temp.epub/OEBPS/toc.ncx(-1,-1): NCX identifier ('xxx') does 
not match OPF identifier ('urn:uuid:xxx').
And this message is by design:

Quote:
Features
report non-matching identifiers in OPF and NCX as an error again (515682dc)
D.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:19 PM   #41
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Thanks for your report. Can you please post the five error messages and the code fragments that they refer to?
I fixed the errors so don't have the original document anymore. I think one of the errors was related to an empty [tours][/tours] entry in content.opf.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:45 AM   #42
thiago.eec
Guru

Pass further arguments do EPUBCheck

Hi, @Doitsu

Altough I'm a complete noob to python (an to programming in general), I was trying to modify your plugin so I could pass the "--usage" argument to epubcheck. I've tried changing this lines:

Spoiler:
Code:
line 131:   args = ['java', '-jar', epc_path, '--version', epub_path]
to
Code:
line 131:   args = ['java', '-jar', epc_path, '--version', epub_path, '--usage']

Spoiler:
Code:
line 163:   if line.startswith(('ERROR', 'WARNING', 'FATAL', 'INFO')):
to
Code:
line 163:   if line.startswith(('ERROR', 'WARNING', 'FATAL', 'INFO', 'USAGE')):

Spoiler:
Code:
line 295:   elif err_code.startswith('WARNING'):
to
Code:
line 295:   elif err_code.startswith(('WARNING', 'USAGE')):

But I got no luck... Is this possible? Am I just missing some other reference or it would need a more profound change to the code?

EDIT: Of course this wouldn't be default behavior. It could be enabled by another entry to EpubCheck.json. Somethin like "usage": true.

Last edited by thiago.eec; 12-01-2018 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:33 AM   #43
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
Am I just missing some other reference or it would need a more profound change to the code?
For someone who claims to be a noob, you've made all the right changes.
However, you (and I) underestimated the EPUBCheck developers. Since they don't consider USAGE messages errors, all USAGE messages are written to stdout not stderr.

Since the plugin only checked stderr for error messages, they were ignored.

Your changes should work if you also add the following line:

Code:
                stderr = result[1].decode(os_encoding)
                stderr += stdout
Make sure not to use tabs for the indentation; it'd best if you copied the line before it and edited it.

(I've also attached an updated version of main.py for your convenience.)

Quote:
EDIT: Of course this wouldn't be default behavior. It could be enabled by another entry to EpubCheck.json. Somethin like "usage": true.
I might add an "usage": true option in the next version.
Attached Files
File Type: py main.py (15.1 KB, 350 views)
Old 12-01-2018, 12:03 PM   #44
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
For someone who claims to be a noob, you've made all the right changes.
I'm just good at guessing... I can read most of the codes in plugins and make small tweaks. If it gets a little deeper, than I'm in trouble.

Quote:
(I've also attached an updated version of main.py for your convenience.)
Thank you very much for the quick reply and the altered script.

EDIT: Got it reading from EpubCheck.json now.
Attached Files
File Type: py main.py (15.3 KB, 354 views)

Last edited by thiago.eec; 12-01-2018 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:46 PM   #45
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Got it reading from EpubCheck.json now.
Good job!