Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #61
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Well it is working now, but how do you get out of Koreader? A poweroff and back on just gets me back to the file manager.

The Koreader on the AuraHD is greatly hampered by the reduction in the size of both the text and the active areas, caused by the higher resolution of the display.

For those who wanted all the screen real estate used, it is certainly the case here.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-04-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #62
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
the reset button works for me to get back to the standard interface
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #63
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewphoenix123 View Post
the reset button works for me to get back to the standard interface
The pin-hole switch on the bottom, right? Not the Two switch at the top reset method.

Does this wipe out the ebooks I have loaded on the internal uSD card?

Luck;
Ken
Old 07-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #64
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
A poweroff should get you back to the normal Kobo firmware, just sleep alone is not enough.
And you can also pin reset, no books will get lost.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #65
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
A poweroff should get you back to the normal Kobo firmware, just sleep alone is not enough.
And you can also pin reset, no books will get lost.
Nope, poweroff only gets me to the File Manager page with the listing of my author folders. The same for the pin switch reset. This is where it comes up even if I reset from somewhere else in the file manager. When I get the [X] in the corner to work I get to a page listing "../", "onboard/", "sd/", and "user/". If I keep going I see much more of the file structure than what I believe is in the FAT partition. In fact it looks exactly like rootfs, when I get to the point that the "../" or the [X] in the corner just flash the screen.

One time, I don't know how but a neat looking dropdown menu appeared with two selections "Recent Reading" and "Exit". I tried to poke "Exit" but it went to a page listing the last two ebooks I looked at. I haven't been able to get that menu back.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-04-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #66
Ken Maltby
Wizard

While I have this AuraHD stuck in KoReader, I made up a uSD card with ~8000 files on it to test things out. KoReader is presenting the files at least as quickly as my PC and is having no problem with this many. So far I have checked out .mobi, .epub, and .pdb files and they load very quickly. .pdf looks pretty good, as well. I also have a large 10MB .html manual. It only took about two seconds to load and show "1/299" in the top right corner. It looks good and you can navigate through it manually (turning pages) very quickly, but I don't see how to get links working and the TOC from the KoReader menu is empty. If the progress bar at the bottom is supposed to "seek" I can't get it to.

more...

To get to the external uSD card you just poke "mnt/" then "SD/"

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-04-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #67
BWinmill
Nameless Being

The reader's nice, that's for sure. My books are also organized nicely, so the directory navigator is handy. (Easy to do because I have a handful of books. But 8000 books. Wow! That must have taken forever to organize.)

I'm going to take a look around the lua sources to see if there's any easy tweaks for the Aura. I'm hoping someone with knowledge on the hardware end will figure out the light and sleep mode.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #68
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
The reader's nice, that's for sure. My books are also organized nicely, so the directory navigator is handy. (Easy to do because I have a handful of books. But 8000 books. Wow! That must have taken forever to organize.)

I'm going to take a look around the lua sources to see if there's any easy tweaks for the Aura. I'm hoping someone with knowledge on the hardware end will figure out the light and sleep mode.
Mine are not so very organized, just a couple of folder layers then the file names. While KoReader with it's file manager coupled with the 1000Hz CPU has no problem making the books available, compared to the Adobe Reader Mobile implementation that Kobo has implemented, it is a little primitive looking. Still it does fill the page with text and has a number of adjustments to the text display, just not all the ones or as many as Kobo provides.

Luck;
Ken
Old 07-05-2013, 12:49 AM   #69
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
@Ken, in the very worst case youn have to open the Aura, get the SD card out, proceed like it is described in the threads about memory enhancements. At the end of the WinImage part WinImage asks you which volume it should mount. Mount the last one, the non-Linux one, delete the launcher.png/launche2.png and save. Then write this new image back to the SD card.
And to make sure you don't do something wrong it can't hurt to use a different SD card for writing and put this other card back into the aura...
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:34 AM   #70
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
The pin-hole switch on the bottom, right? Not the Two switch at the top reset method.

Does this wipe out the ebooks I have loaded on the internal uSD card?

Luck;
Ken
Yes the pinhole at the bottom, it forces a reboot, no hard reset and no data loss.
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:29 AM   #71
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
@Ken so after a reboot you get back into koreader? that's certainly anomalous, but I didn't test xor_ launcher, maybe it's coming from it. I'll test better the "kill launcher" strategy, the quick try I made just killed also koreader for some reason.
About the aura and the controls being too small, there's a DPI setting in the lua source code that could be changed. Right now it only checks if the current platform is a paperwhite, then it sets 212, else it sets 167. I'll try to advance that since it would benefit also mini owners.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:32 AM   #72
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
@Ken, in the very worst case youn have to open the Aura, get the SD card out, proceed like it is described in the threads about memory enhancements. At the end of the WinImage part WinImage asks you which volume it should mount. Mount the last one, the non-Linux one, delete the launcher.png/launche2.png and save. Then write this new image back to the SD card.
And to make sure you don't do something wrong it can't hurt to use a different SD card for writing and put this other card back into the aura...
Actually I can read and write to that partition in Windows Explorer, but as it is now I will have to remove the internal sd card. KoReader has its File Manager setup to only show folders and readable files, no executable files show. So, I can't make a .sh file to exit KoReader manually. Or rather when I make one I can't see it in the File Manager.

I have limited what I have loaded on my Arua just for this contingency.

Luck;
Ken
Old 07-05-2013, 05:09 AM   #73
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Did you try pressing the reset pinhole?
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:28 AM   #74
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
Did you try pressing the reset pinhole?
Right, I tried that, I tried the dropdown menu Exit as well as poweroff and on,
in all cases I was returned to the File Manager not the Kobo home screen.

The file manager was letting me go to two of the four partitions on the internal sd card and to the external sd card. It was showing only files with extensions for readable files. The non-ebook files just were not listed.

Luck;
Ken
Old 07-05-2013, 05:46 AM   #75
xor_
Zealot
xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Can you access the /mnt/onboard partition? If so, delete the launche2.png image, and reboot. That should prevent the launcher from starting, if it's really a launcher problem.

I haven't seen any of this. But I'm adding a warning to the launcher post.

Last edited by xor_; 07-05-2013 at 05:50 AM.
xor_ is offline   Reply With Quote