Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-29-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
Viseguy
Just a kid from Bklyn
Viseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
How can I link to my own posts?

Is there a button I can press to call up a list of my own posts? I can do an advanced search, of course, but the resulting link is ephemeral. Surely there's an easier way.
Viseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:05 AM   #2
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If you go to the User Control Panel/"User CP" (<---linky, but it's top left, on the darker blue menu bar) you'll see the first item on the left under "Your Control Panel" is "Your Profile". If you click on this, you'll see the same type of profile you get when you "View profile" of other members by clicking on their username in a thread and picking that menu item (except, obviously, for yourself). Under this, there are tabs for Visitor Messages, About Me, Statistics...and a couple of others, but it's the "Statistics" tab you want. Click on that tab, and you'll see multiple sections, the first of which is "Total Posts". There you can see links to "Find all posts..." or "Find all threads..." started by yourself.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 05:28 AM   #3
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Viseguy, another way is to click on your own name, when you are in a thread that you have posted in. A dropdown menu will appear. Click "Find More Posts by Viseguy" and you will see your other posts. This same process can be used to see other members list of posts also, by clicking on their name.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:57 PM   #4
Viseguy
Just a kid from Bklyn
Viseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura about

Thanks very much, montsnmags and Javed.

This gives me the information I need to link directly -- from any web page, not just from within MR -- to a list of my posts (or any member's posts) that is updated as new posts are made. The key is to identify the unique user_number associated with the member whose posts you want to link to. When you click on a member's profile, this number appears in the URL as "u=[number]". The URL that lists all posts by a particular member is:

Code:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=[user_number]
You can construct this URL manually if you know the user_number, or right-click on the "Find all posts ...." link in the user's profile and select "Copy link location" to copy the URL to the clipboard.

I should add that you need to be logged in to MR for these URLs to work.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:23 PM   #5
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Out of curiosity: why would you like to construct that URL?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 12:05 AM   #6
Viseguy
Just a kid from Bklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Out of curiosity: why would you like to construct that URL?
I wanted to put a link on my home page that takes me to a list of my posts instead of to the MR home page or the MR forums home page. Just my preference. But you can use the same template to link to any user's posts, if you were so minded.