Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-22-2016, 07:12 PM   #31
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I have been known to bump into things when walking without reading! I can only imagine the trouble I'd get into trying to read while walking.
Yes walls and windows are evil almost invisible things.
I once tried to go out a door of a service station. Darn window got it in the way. Not sure what type of glass but I bounced off of it.
Men are also evil. They look horrified until they realize you are not hurt, then they laugh.
So no, don't think I will try reading while walking.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:42 AM   #32
scubayak
scubayak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scubayak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scubayak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scubayak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scubayak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scubayak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scubayak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scubayak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scubayak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scubayak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scubayak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Nook Color
I'm glad to hear about others who read while walking; I thought I was the only one. I've been doing it for years with nary a mishap. I like it because my walks give me exercise as well as reading time. It helps that I live in a fairly small town with not much traffic.
scubayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2016, 12:59 PM   #33
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I do it since I was a teen... and never has fallen because of that
I read while riding my bike as a teen. Had to lie to my parents, cause I knew I would be killed if "having my head in a gd book" caused them to have to pay for the hospital.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 01:54 PM   #34
Cosimo
Groupie
Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I used to have a reader specifically for books bought from anywhere but my preferred store.
Cosimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 04:13 PM   #35
Rime
Rime is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle3
Walking the dog became much more appealing when I got an ereader. He was much happier because he could sniff to his heart's delight instead of being encouraged to get a move on. And the bliss of having one that could be read after dark! It helps to know where the sidewalk discontinuites are, and I was ever so happy when the city finally pruned low overhanging branches.

Guilty on the multiple ereaders : one for new books, one for rereads, one for workouts, one for the car, and one for a backup....
Rime is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2016, 09:41 AM   #36
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
... you choose to commute by public transportation in order to get more reading time, instead of biking to work which takes less time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
You read before sleeping, even if you're actually too tired to even keep your eyes open
So true
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:15 AM   #37
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
A long time ago I would occasionally take an express bus vs driving to a job to get more reading time.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 03:24 PM   #38
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Sometimes I take a break from reading books... and that break can be 4 weeks long.

In that time, I'm probably playing an RPG with enough text in it to fill a 1000 page book if everything was printed out on paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
... you choose to commute by public transportation in order to get more reading time, instead of biking to work which takes less time.
I actually think my previous job was better in this regard.

Previous job:
Walk from home: 3 minutes
Bus: 30 minutes
Switch: 5 minutes
Train: 45 minutes
Walk: 5 minutes

Current job:
Walk from home: 3 minutes
Bus: 10 minutes
Switch: 1 minute
Bus: 15 minutes
Switch: 1 minute
Bus: 15 minutes
Walk: 5 minutes

Despite having an extra 30 minutes travel time in each direction, I liked the previous job better with regard to commuting. I could actually get 2 hours and 30 minutes of reading time in each day; enough to not read at home. Now, I often don't bother to take out my e-reader hence I miss the bus stops.

Last edited by Katsunami; 01-26-2016 at 03:31 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 01:50 AM   #39
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
A long time ago I would occasionally take an express bus vs driving to a job to get more reading time.
I just can't wait for those all-automatich cars to finally make a breakthrough! So I can get in at home, tell my car to take me to work, and get out at work, while having been able to read all the way!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 02:20 PM   #40
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I have been known to skip the express train (20 minutes) and wait for a local (50 minutes) just to get more reading time.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 03:22 PM   #41
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I'm one of the read at night before sleeping people. I can't help myself, and often wake in the morning, having dropped my device somewhere in the bed (usually my iPhone5S) and not able to find it. Sometimes it ends up under me, or on the floor.

I read on the loo, as well. LOL
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:35 PM   #42
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post

Doesn't everyone?
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:48 PM   #43
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I'm one of the read at night before sleeping people. I can't help myself, and often wake in the morning, having dropped my device somewhere in the bed (usually my iPhone5S) and not able to find it. Sometimes it ends up under me, or on the floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Doesn't everyone?
Apache
Of course.
That's why I keep a spare ereader in one of the bathroom drawers.

Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote