Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-01-2015, 12:55 PM   #46
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Shakin' Sammy in the book M.A.S.H.

I would have filmed the crucifixion scene...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:32 PM   #47
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Perhaps Rincewind would make a good neighbor then? He shares your interests it would seem, and all signs indicate the Lady has lost interest in him.
When I was younger, it seemed like a great idea to have all kinds of perilous adventures, heedless of life and limb. Now, just like Sam Vimes, I need to be home to read bedtime stories, because some things are important.

But there are people in the suburbs who think I am being g reckless just for living in the city.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2015, 08:51 PM   #48
Aeda
Aeda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
One comes to mind very quickly: Randall Flagg. It'd be a lot harder to name characters who I would want in my life!
Aeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:00 AM   #49
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
From the book I'm currently reading (The Bad Beginning [A Series of Unfortunate Events #1] by Lemony Snicket [Daniel Handler]) : Count Olaf; a most unpleasant fellow.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 10-02-2015 at 11:54 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:37 AM   #50
Lima Bean
Groupie
Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I wouldn't want Smaug in my house, but his horde of gold is welcome.
Lima Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2015, 12:22 PM   #51
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
All of the dwarves from The Hobbit would be banned from any dinner parties at my house.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 01:52 PM   #52
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
From the book I'm currently reading (The Bad Beginning [A Series of Unfortunate Events #1] by Lemony Snicket [Daniel Handler]) : Count Olaf; a most unpleasant fellow.
Yes, yes, he is. I found that book kind of dark for a middle grade. Interesting though.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 02:23 PM   #53
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Bean View Post
I wouldn't want Smaug in my house, but his horde of gold is welcome.
Mongolian?

(Sorry! Absolutely everyone makes this mistake -- both ways -- so it drives me nuts.)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:25 PM   #54
Lima Bean
Groupie
Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It's so hoard to spell right!
Lima Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:33 PM   #55
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Mongolian?

(Sorry! Absolutely everyone makes this mistake -- both ways -- so it drives me nuts.)
Brownies, selling cookies
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:03 PM   #56
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
All of the dwarves from The Hobbit would be banned from any dinner parties at my house.
And likewise for Snow White's harem.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:10 PM   #57
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
(By the way: I always felt that Columbo, the detective played by Peter Falk, was decidedly Sherlockian... always catching people on some sort of weird, obscure clue.)
I recently watched the Columbo series (the Japanese Blu-Ray set is simply beautiful, I highly recommend it (not to mention it's the only Blu-Ray set)).

Columbo's technique as fairly simple: figure out who the suspect was (generally who ever was lying to him) and work out the timeline. And the constant pestering. He also encouraged the suspects to assist him in the solving of the crime, thereby getting them both involved in inventing stories, and eventually frustrating them into making mistakes.

The obscure clue was generally a disconnect between what people said and reality. Or the planted timeline and real time.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:18 PM   #58
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
No worries. If I move again and I've been thinking about it (my current location I've realized is a place I've spent longer at than any other location in my life) it will be both to the south (these hard six month winters are getting old) and to a larger town or city than where I currently live (like a place with a Starbucks at least). No plans to move to the "The End of the Earth."
Giving up Elsinore, are you?
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 04:32 PM   #59
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
I recently watched the Columbo series (the Japanese Blu-Ray set is simply beautiful, I highly recommend it (not to mention it's the only Blu-Ray set)).

Columbo's technique as fairly simple: figure out who the suspect was (generally who ever was lying to him) and work out the timeline. And the constant pestering. He also encouraged the suspects to assist him in the solving of the crime, thereby getting them both involved in inventing stories, and eventually frustrating them into making mistakes.

The obscure clue was generally a disconnect between what people said and reality. Or the planted timeline and real time.
And of course, playing the simpleton who just doesn't get it, until he springs the trap at the end.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 06:11 PM   #60
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
And of course, playing the simpleton who just doesn't get it, until he springs the trap at the end.
Usually right after the "just one more thing" moment.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote