Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-13-2019, 06:29 PM   #1
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Exclamation Can’t connect to wifi

I rarely synch my Clara HD, wifi is always turned off.

Now, I can’t connect to the wifi.

My Clara HD has the latest firmware and I have just a couple of patch applied, fonts and dictionary.

I’ve tried to shut it down and turn it on again. No luck.

Any clue before I try to make a factory reset?
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:43 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
What does happen? Is the WiFi network you want seen? Do you get prompted for a the password when you try to connect? Does it seem to connect and then drop off? Does the router show anything? Such as allocating an IP address.

If it seems to connect and then drops off, is probably that the device cannot confirm the connection is up. See this post for details and a workaround.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2019, 08:01 PM   #3
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. I’ll check it out.

Now, for a strange reason, I can connect to the wifi. But I guess it has something to do with what you said in the post you linked. At first, my password was not remembered. Then, I had to go in the settings to see my router.
Old 02-15-2019, 07:56 PM   #4
deleted2
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

If it seems to connect and then drops off, is probably that the device cannot confirm the connection is up. See this post for details and a workaround.
Adding "IgnoreCaptivePortal=true" fixed it.

Wow.

Thank you very much.

Tags
wifi