Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-13-2019, 03:43 AM   #1
jujja
jujja began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note
Editing PDF in Dropbox (BOOX Note V2.0.1)

I have installed Dropbox. Works fine. I can open say, a Dropbox TEST.PDF with "open with" menu in Neo Reader.

However (naturally), making handwritten annotations in such a PDF does not update the original file the Dropbox.

It looks like Neo Reader creates a directory named with the PDF file name (TEST in this case) inside Dropbox's service directory so: "files/#userID#/TEST and where annotations are kept in a txt file TEST-annotation.txt.

Handwriting annotations are nowhere to be seen until you export them from Neo Reader's menu. After that TEST-scribble-#page number#.png files created for each page of underlying TEST.PDF, where handwritten notes are.

Questions:
- Dropbox just ignores the newly created dirs by Neo Reader (TEST dir in this case). That means nothing gets uploaded to Dropbox server. Is there a workaround to have this dir synced with Dropbox?

- How do experienced users manage handwritten notes in the PDFs on this device? The obvious solution is just to forgo Dropbox, copy the PDFs into local storage and sync manually. I'm interested in using Dropbox, so as to avoid having to connect to a PC to sync/transfer PDFs.
jujja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dropbox, export/import, neo reader, note