Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
Alexpride
Enthusiast
Alexpride began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 900, Nook Color
Tags and Bookmarks

I own a PRS700 and I have been using calibre for a while now. I use it mainly for my RSS feeds. In the past I was able to look up my newspapers/feeds by going under tags/collection on my sony reader. For some reason now, the RSS feeds don't get synced with tags. I never had to create tags for those RSS feeds, they always got synced with tags whether they were custom made or not. I'm not sure of the reason behind this whether it is an update done by Calibre or some option that I accidentally checked off.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Note: I do have the option to add title as tag checked under the advance tab.

I should also add that the tags do get created but no RSS feeds are found under those tags/collections.

Last edited by Alexpride; 04-02-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Alexpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:15 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexpride View Post
I own a PRS700 and I have been using calibre for a while now. I use it mainly for my RSS feeds. In the past I was able to look my newspapers/feeds by going under tags/collection on my reader. For some reason now, the RSS feeds don't get synced with tags. I never had to create tags for those RSS feeds, they always got synced with tags whether they were custom or not. I'm not sure this because of a number of Calibre or some option that I accidentally checked off.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Note: I do have the option to add title as tag checked under the advance tab.

I should add that the tags do get created but no RSS feeds are found under those tags/collections.
Every recipe by default has the tag "news" so your feeds should be in that collection if you transferred them to your reader. Add title as tag should create an additional tag on download (?restart required?) after being checked. Do you see these tags in the main Calibre Library?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #3
Alexpride
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Every recipe by default has the tag "news" so your feeds should be in that collection if you transferred them to your reader. Add title as tag should create an additional tag on download (?restart required?) after being checked. Do you see these tags in the main Calibre Library?
Yes, I do see the default news tag in the main Calibre Library. But on the reader under my (MS memory card) the created tags don't contain any books. Only tags created by the sony software under my (SD memory card) contain books. I'm not sure whether formatting my MS card and re syncing my RSS feeds would fix the problem. Thanks for your reply!

I usually eject the SD card when syncing the RSS feeds, I have noticed in the past that Calibre mistakenly sends my feeds to the SD card even after I specified the recipes to go on the MS card.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:56 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexpride View Post
I usually eject the SD card when syncing the RSS feeds, I have noticed in the past that Calibre mistakenly sends my feeds to the SD card even after I specified the recipes to go on the MS card.
It isn't by mistake it is by design. Calibre will send news to whatever memory inside the reader has more space. The feed might be in internal memory.

Do you have a books by date option on the main page. I use PRS+ on my 505 so I forget exactly what the normal default main page looks like.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:31 PM   #5
Alexpride
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
It isn't by mistake it is by design. Calibre will send news to whatever memory inside the reader has more space. The feed might be in internal memory.

Do you have a books by date option on the main page. I use PRS+ on my 505 so I forget exactly what the normal default main page looks like.
I use both books by date and books by title, depending on what I'm looking for.

I deleted what I had on my MS card and resynced the feeds that were downloaded today. My tags showed up with books this time. I guess the issue had to do with specifying the storage where you want you books to be synced to. Thanks for your assistance.
Advert