Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 01-20-2010, 10:53 AM   #1
labzuk
Enthusiast
labzuk began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505 - Iliad
USB Upgrade

Nearly bricked my cooler but upgrade thru USB cable is definitely possible using the eSlick cmdfile tool.

I did extract the u-boot from the archive and sent it to the Cooler using cmdfile -u and the nand was updated. I guess i simply choose the wrong one because the Cooler started to behave odly ... So if you want to play with it better to start with the fs rather than the u-boot

Back to normal after a re-install of the firmware. Kudo to the SD upgrade for being so robust.

P.S. Do not try if you are not sure

Last edited by labzuk; 01-20-2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Safety :)
labzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:20 PM   #2
lilila
lilila began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505, Netronix EB600
Cool-ER firmware grants us so much flexibility. I was able to replace the es3.ttf file with my own UTF-8 font then flash from SD, and it works.
lilila is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2010, 04:48 AM   #3
codeMonkey
Zealot
codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Cool-ER (running pocketbook firmware), Nokia N800, Nokia N900
Thanks for sharing the info on that with us labzuk - I plan to have a good play with it as soon as I get a chance - I've already got all of the dev stuff I need from the eSlick site.

Note for anyone curious - the cmdline tool is, I think, linux only at the moment.
codeMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote