Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-26-2013, 07:05 AM   #1
Bertolt
Connoisseur
Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle K4, Kobo mini, Samsung Galaxy Tab
Does this ereader exist?

I am looking for an ereader that is reliable, lightweight (up to 200g), front lit like the Paperwhite and can be used for audio too. I live in Spain but travel frequently to other European countries, so need to be able to buy in Europe (including the UK). I am happy with my bog-standard Kindle 4 but the front lit screen would sometimes be useful and the ability to play audio tracks would also be a big advantage. I don't mind if the page turn is achieved by touching the screen or by a button as long as the button is not clunky or awkward. Does such a thing exist? Info on where to buy would also be useful. I would appreciate any suggestions.
PS A phablet would also be a possibility but this might increase the weight too much if the screen were of a suitable size (6 inches).

Last edited by Bertolt; 12-26-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Bertolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
miki2
Connoisseur
miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7", Nexus 7 (2013),
This site gives details of ebook readers weighing less than 200g: http://skinflint.co.uk/eu/?cat=pdapceb&xf=1366_200.

But in all honesty i could not recommend any of them. If you could increase the weight to 290g you could buy a Nexus 7 (2013) and have a magnificent tablet, not only to read your ebooks with but to entertain yourself during your frequent trips.

Of course you could consider the new Galaxy Note 3, but the price of this device is in a completely different ball park.

Good Luck and have a very happy New Year
miki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertolt View Post
I am looking for an ereader that is reliable, lightweight (up to 200g), front lit like the Paperwhite and can be used for audio too.
PocketBook touch lux 623
198g
6 inch Front-lit HD e-ink
3.2mm audio connector, no built-in speaker
Very wide format support, great configurability
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #4
Bertolt
Connoisseur
Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bertolt once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Thanks Miki. Hope you have a great year in 2014 too.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #5
Bertolt
Connoisseur

Thanks Kacir. The specs on the PocketBook touch lux 623 are truly amazing and I can get it from Amazon.es. Do you reckon it's good on reliability too?
Advert
Old 12-26-2013, 08:39 AM   #6
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Bertolt, i send you a MP. ;-)
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #7
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertolt View Post
Do you reckon it's good on reliability too?
I have had an older model for years, and now I have had PB 623 for 7 months.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #8
Bertolt
Connoisseur

Thanks Kacir. That settles it. I've bought the case for it from China and will buy the ereader itself when I get home from our Xmas holiday.

Tags
audio, front lit, lightweight, reliable