Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-18-2019, 04:17 AM   #4741
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
What's missing from the time zone thingie is:

ABT = audio book time

While it may be EST or PST or GMT where you're at, for me it's always ABT
There is an "Ebook Buying Addict Support Thread" (under "General Discussions)" on MobileRead. I can see that someone needs to start one for "Audiobook Buying" [if there isn't one, already-I didn't see it if there is].

I'm only halfway kidding--some people must be more addicted to audiobooks than ebooks--I don't understand why.

I greatly favor audiobooks over ebooks. However, I don't think that I am nearly at the point of buying them just for the purpose of having them--I listen to them just about as much as I have time to, and in the rare cases where I get an audiobook that I don't like, I "delete it from my device." When I buy an ebook, I do it for mainly professional research/reference purposes. Or, at least, that's what I tell myself.

(I wonder if there is such a thing as an "Ebook Buying Addicts Anonymous" and/or an/or "Audiobook Buying Addicts Anonymous.")

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-18-2019 at 04:32 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 06:52 AM   #4742
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 18 Jan @ 11:59 PM GMT
Dang. I love Tom Sharpe and it's read by David Suchet, too. Darned geo-restrictions!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:08 AM   #4743
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
What's missing from the time zone thingie is:

ABT = audio book time

While it may be EST or PST or GMT where you're at, for me it's always ABT
I don't know. That may be BST. (Bull **** Time)
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:31 PM   #4744
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Not sure if this has been posted here, but AudibleUK has a massive giveaway on right now. Buy any audio book, credit or cash, for an entry into winning "The Ultimate Listening Kit". An iPhoneX, iPad Pro, Amazon Echo Plus, Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones and Soundlink Revolve Plus speaker, and 10 books from your wish list.

AudibleUK Listening Kit
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:59 PM   #4745
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Not sure if this has been posted here, but AudibleUK has a massive giveaway on right now. Buy any audio book, credit or cash, for an entry into winning "The Ultimate Listening Kit". An iPhoneX, iPad Pro, Amazon Echo Plus, Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones and Soundlink Revolve Plus speaker, and 10 books from your wish list.

AudibleUK Listening Kit
Fine print:

Quote:
Entrants must be resident in the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland)...
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:12 PM   #4746
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Fine print:
Yes, I'm aware of that limitation. It's almost always there as part of any of these sorts of giveaways. But for those who are (or can be) resident in the UK, it's a pretty nice batch of swag.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:25 PM   #4747
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FYI. got my $15 credit for the Audible/Planet Fitness promo today.

Quote:
As a thank you for joining Audible, you have received a promotional credit good towards your next purchase on Amazon.com.

The $15.00 credit has been deposited into your Amazon account. It will be automatically applied to your qualifying order, appearing in the Order Summary column of the checkout page as "Audible Promotion". You have 90 days to redeem your credit from the day you receive it. See below for additional details about this credit, as well as the offer terms and conditions.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:07 PM   #4748
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Daily Deals -- exp 18 Jan @ 11:59 PM PT

* To Shape a New World: Essays on the Political Philosophy of Martin Luther King Jr
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 06:15 PM   #4749
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Okay then, something else to add work for the 'monkey.

Two free months at Audible thanks to Planet Fitness (link). It worked for me, even though I just finished a free membership less than 6 months ago and did the $0.95 for two months Groupon. Supposedly comes with a $15 Amazon gift card, though I haven't seen that yet.

Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
Just got my $15 credit from this promo. Check your email:

Quote:
As a thank you for joining Audible, you have received a promotional credit good towards your next purchase on Amazon.com.

The $15.00 credit has been deposited into your Amazon account. It will be automatically applied to your qualifying order, appearing in the Order Summary column of the checkout page as "Audible Promotion". You have 90 days to redeem your credit from the day you receive it. See below for additional details about this credit, as well as the offer terms and conditions.

You can start shopping here.

This offer only applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.

Happy listening from Audible and Planet Fitness!
Old 01-18-2019, 08:39 PM   #4750
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I hadn't gotten the email by yesterday, so I called audible to ask about it. The rep checked with a manager, and sent me a $15 promo code right then by email which I immediately applied to an Amazon order. Awesome.

My son also hadn't gotten an email, so I called for him. The new rep said nope, this is only for NEW members, not RETURNING members so no way, no how, no promo credit for you!
I was slightly confused, because both my son and I are returning members with a similar history of using trial offers like this, and I was given the promo, but he was refused. Well, so be it.
But just because the inconsistency was on my mind, I asked the rep why I was able to sign up for the deal at all if I wasn't eligible for all of it. usually if returning members aren't included, the offer simply rejects us.
He said "yeah, that sounds like a glitch. How about I add two additional free credits to your account to make up for it?"
Umm...sure, thanks!

Punchline: My son got the promo email today, and the $15 was applied to his account.
Sometimes it's nice when the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

Last edited by ApK; 01-19-2019 at 10:45 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 10:09 AM   #4751
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 19 Jan @ 11:59 PM GMT

* The Year of Less: How I Stopped Shopping, Gave Away My Belongings, and Discovered Life Is Worth More Than Anything You Can Buy in a Store
Old 01-19-2019, 10:29 AM   #4752
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 19 Jan @ 11:59 PM PT

* A People’s Guide to Publishing: Build a Successful, Sustainable, Meaningful Book Business from the Ground Up
Old 01-19-2019, 10:48 AM   #4753
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Audible typically will ping you CC to make sure they get their money if you forgot to cancel. I use a prepaid card for this.
Actually it turned out this was the charge for the second month of the 99 cent promo I had just cancelled. Forgot about that.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:59 AM   #4754
skinmaan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Actually it turned out this was the charge for the second month of the 99 cent promo I had just cancelled. Forgot about that.
It varies. They dinged my CC when I started the promo. Still waiting for them to reverse the charge.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:30 PM   #4755
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 20 Jan @ 11:59 PM GMT
  • TBA -- Rainbow Six (book 2) -- Tom Clancy --> historical