Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-01-2018, 02:13 PM   #16
whoops
whoops is less competitive than you.whoops is less competitive than you.whoops is less competitive than you.whoops is less competitive than you.whoops is less competitive than you.whoops is less competitive than you.whoops is less competitive than you.whoops is less competitive than you.whoops is less competitive than you.whoops is less competitive than you.whoops is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I had to buy a Kobo Forma because I broke my Kobo Aura One after it got bent from being in my laptop case somehow. It's really killing me there are no third party cases yet
whoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 01:04 PM   #17
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
This one will be available soon. I like their slim fit versions better though and I don't like black so I'm waiting to see if they'll add more --

https://www.geckocovers.com/en/e-rea...-deluxe-cover/
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:34 AM   #18
Fstab
Fstab began at the beginning.

Device: PW
Hey,

I plan to use my Kobo Forma without any case or cover, but have a sleeve to put it in when I carry the e-reader in my bag.

The Kobo Forma is 160 x 177,7 x 8,5 cm (maximum).

I only find 8 inches sleeves too thin (less than 16 cm) and way longer than 18 cm.

Do you know if something fitting currently exists?

Thanks!

[Edit] I haven't received the Kobo yet, is there a way to keep it "sleeping" in this (future) sleeve without any magnetic cover?
Fstab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:15 AM   #19
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
All the sleep cover does is automatically put the device to sleep when the cover is closed.

There are also options in power settings to control after what period of time with no screen or button touches to put the device to sleep.

Additionally on the Forma there is a swipe to confirm wake up if the device wakes up from a button press as opposed to sleep cover being opened.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:58 AM   #20
Fstab
Fstab began at the beginning.

Device: PW
It is to be used without any cover. But you answer my question anyway, thanks!

I read here about Etsy, which I don't know before, I may buy something like that:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1624063...-kobo-glo-aura

[Edit] I look at some other sleeves and changed my mind, there are some beautiful in leather, and it will protect the ereader better. ^^

Last edited by Fstab; 12-03-2018 at 01:20 PM.
Fstab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 04:03 PM   #21
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Walmart has the black cover back in stock now. Still expensive. Can be bought with the Forma (to save a "whopping" $10 on the combination!).

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kobo-Form...16775dfd11e0b5
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:49 PM   #22
craftyhack
craftyhack began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Auro One, H20, Forma (soon hopefully), and some PRS too
I bought the OEM case for my KAO and was happy with it even though the price did hurt a bit, but like others, I am not buy the OEM case for my Forma, both because the price is now ridiculous, but they broke the main way I use it with that flappy design. I ordered a third part cover from China for $10 shipped (here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Leather-PU-...8/143059953723 ) on Dec 26th, it is on a plane from China now, and is estimated to be here Jan 18th. I don't really like the slip in design of the eBay cover, but I thought it was my only choice.

I used to not check Amazon as I didn't think Amazon was very friendly to Kobo... but I just now found one on Amazon available via Prime for $12 which is the clip in design I like ( https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M8S8QZV ). I ordered it (even though the available colors are horrid, at least it will be easy to see/find) and expect it Wednesday at which time I can post feedback here.

Even if I end up spending more than $50 on third party covers, I will not buy that OEM cover... it is the principal of the thing... not having a choice of a regular cover (vs. the kickstand version) and having to pay that much for it isn't for me.
craftyhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 01:10 PM   #23
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
Oooooooh! Finally a third-party cover! I got the plum official one, since I'm a klutz, but the angle it tips the reader at isn't an angle I like. I really like the cover I had on my Nook Glowlight+. It could be either a stand or a hand-held.
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:49 AM   #24
tracings
Enthusiast
tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracings ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook HD, Nook Glowlight 3, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Forma
kinda loving the official case

Santa brought me both the Forma and the official case in plum. So yes, it's pricey, but I didn't have to pay the price!

That said, the case is so light, and feels so nice in the hand, that I'm truly grateful that Santa didn't go cheap on this. It is truly the best case I've had, and I've been through official Nook cases, generic Rocket cases, and a couple of cases I made from old hardback books. I have no use for the "stand" component, so I haven't evaluated that, but overall, it feels a tad luxurious. And it is so nice to have it wake the reader up! Really not fond of the feel of the power button.
tracings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:46 PM   #25
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
The Kobo cover is pretty horrible quality, (as is the case with almost all the Kobo official covers)... The surface feels nice, but it's effectively sprayed on... when a hole gets worn into it, it just starts peeling/flaking off... (one my my neurotic ticks ensures that the cover does not survive long past this point.). It would be fine as an cheaply replaceable throw away, but the price is insane for such a cheap product.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 03:35 AM   #26
Knightreader
Connoisseur
Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1. Kobo Forma, 2. Kobo H2O Edition 2 (v1)
I bought this one, light weight (157g), good quality, fine leather-like texture, protects the reader all around, reinforced corners, foldable (origami stand), automatic sleep/wake, microfiber inlay in the lid, no chemical odor:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/for-...955933749.html
Available in 5 colours and 5 patterns, costs less than 10 euro.
Knightreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 01:10 PM   #27
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
I must be doing something wrong.

Whenever I search for kobo forma on aliexpress I never find anything.
I might like a cheaper case to take on holiday. I got sun cream on the inside of my h2o case and I'd like to avoid that with the official forma one.

Last edited by Liesse; 01-17-2019 at 01:20 PM.
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:04 PM   #28
tzirbel
tzirbel began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma
I've bought a case from aliexpress but wasn't impressed. Now I just use it naked but keep it a wonderful sleeve I found on etsy. https://www.etsy.com/listing/2509134...=1&pro=1&frs=1
tzirbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 06:56 AM   #29
hel
Sorceress
hel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to behold

Device: Onyx Air2&Nova 3C,Kindle oasis1,Kobo Forma,iPad pro 12.9&9.7,and more.
I’ve bought this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kobo-Forma-...-/273497481716
as well. Original one gives definitely more protection, but adds weight. So for now I mostly use this one. Mine is yellow.
hel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:18 PM   #30
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
I've sent for one of these:
https://forefrontcases.co.uk/?s=Kobo...t_type=product

For several reasons:
- pretty colours!
- a book style case rather than the fold down bits which I never use
- reasonable price
- In my mind, the stylised f on the front stands for 'forma. ' Obviously.

They have an ebay store too.
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote