Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-03-2011, 06:19 PM   #31
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
At that price, I'll give it a try. But it doesn't look like book #2 is available. And the price goes way up for #3 and later. But first to decide if I like it at all.
It will be easy to enjoy the first one. It's later on when things get pretty preachy and deus ex machina starts frolicking about from page to page. The series is waaaay longer than it is good.

P.S. that's not your proto-typical Goodkind bashing, there. I think most huge series' are longer than they are good.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #32
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
P.S. that's not your proto-typical Goodkind bashing, there. I think most huge series' are longer than they are good.
Too true, sadly. Though the O'Brian Aubrey/Maturin books was one series where I continued to wait eagerly for the next. Sadly not available as ebooks yet, though there are excellent Audible versions of them.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2011, 10:07 AM   #33
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Though the O'Brian Aubrey/Maturin books was one series where I continued to wait eagerly for the next.
You'll get no arguments from me, there. Historical + Nautical = much, much win.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
terry goodkind