Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 02-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
ACER C210 as ebook reader?

I saw an Acer C210 tablet in a second hand computer shop the other day. I was considering buying it and using it to read my growing collection of PDF format ebooks.

Does anyone have experience with this series of tablet?
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #2
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
cripes how much was it? I would jump on it if it's cheap enough. As long as it powers up anything else can be fixed...

wanna laugh? When I searched I found a review on Engadget and the ad which came up on the page was a Kindle 2:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/06/a...es-core-2-duo/

hahahaha....

Seriously if that tablet is cheap enough why not?
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
It's not all that cheap at $500AUD.

I'm just so fed up reading pdf's on my desktop. Ah well, maybe yet another gadget will be cluttering up my home.
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
there ya go!! I read up a bit on the thing and they don't look awful for what you are wanting to use it for...with luck, the only added expense might be a new battery and an extra power supply.

Oh, just something to look at, check the internal fan to make sure it's cleaned out and free of dust. More laptops die because the owners never think about cleaning out the fan which eventually leads to heat stroke for the poor thing.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote