Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #1
BRGriff
Connoisseur
BRGriff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Disable TOC for Mobi conversions

I have gone into Preferences/Common Options/Table of Contents and selected "Do not add detected chapters to the Table of Contents".

In Preferences/Output Options/Mobi Output, I have selected "Do not add Table of Contents to Book".

Never-the-less, when I download comics from Arcamax or GoComics, a TOC is still being generated.

How do I disable the inclusion of a TOC for all of my Mobi conversions?

Thanks.
BRGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
News downloads are special you cannot disable TOCs for them.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
BRGriff
Connoisseur

Can it be done in the recipe? If so, I will post a message in that forum.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
It cannot be disabled in a recipe. A recipe is a news download. In order for a MOBI to be detected properly on a Kinde as periodical it must have a TOC.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #5
BRGriff
Connoisseur

Thank you! That saves me a lot of time trying to do something that can not be done.
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #6
BRGriff
Connoisseur

Additional research

I have been doing additional research on this issue and found that it has been previously addressed: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99387

The essence of the discussion is as follows:
Quote:
TonytheBookworm

how to remove Table of Contents at the end of news feed
How specifically would one remove the table of contents from the end of a news fetch? I went to the conversion>output options>mobi output (since i use a kindle and the default format is set to mobi) then i put a check in the do not add table of contents. That doesn't seem to do the trick though. Any idea how to resolve this for news feeds? Thanks.
Quote:
kovidgoyal
I'll have the next release turn off the inline toc if the output profile is Kindle.
That was in September 2010. Was the fix ever implemented and if so, why was it later removed? The discussion above is just the thing for what I want to accomplish.

Thank you,