Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Thinking of doing free reader light one last time.

Dear All:

Walter has asked me to bring up doing one final "Free Mighty Bright Mini-Flex LED eBook Reader light with purchase" one last time.

I would love to hear from those who got the free light the first time AND from any people that have not purchased yet who would be most interested in purchasing if we again did this promo.

Fo those unfamiliar with the promo... it was simple. You buy a 6 inch or 5 inch EZ Reader or Pocket PRO or Mentor Lite and you get a new free eBook Reader Light (MiniFlex LED) in the box. It would likely be for two weeks and would likely start March 15 if we did it!

Please post your thoughts!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
Xochipilli2012
Zealot
Xochipilli2012 began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-600, Slate Blue Astak EZReader Pocket Pro
It's a really nice idea.

Last edited by Xochipilli2012; 03-06-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Xochipilli2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
SmartyPants
Zealot
SmartyPants began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
well,
i got the light with my book when the last promotion was running.
TBH, i would rather get SD card (which i had to get separately anyway), since i always read with bedside light anyway. I find the included light just a bit too.. i dont know, directed and bright? I prefer a softer lighting. But thats just me, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, great quality, doesnt feel 'cheap' at all to me.

But, as far as value for money goes, it certainly IS a better alternative since SD cards are so cheap now!
SmartyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:31 AM   #4
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
I like the light. I take it with me when I take my kidos to the movies... I sit in teh back and read while cartoons are playing. I bought my PP during christmas, so I also go the SD card. Before getting the PP I decided that I wanted to have everything ready when it got here so I had already put all my books on a 16gb card, and I have not used the one that came with it. However I think the SD card is needed more than the light but I do use the light often
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #5
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Uses the light often!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
I like the light. I take it with me when I take my kidos to the movies... I sit in teh back and read while cartoons are playing. I bought my PP during christmas, so I also go the SD card. Before getting the PP I decided that I wanted to have everything ready when it got here so I had already put all my books on a 16gb card, and I have not used the one that came with it. However I think the SD card is needed more than the light but I do use the light often
Dear Nimblem and All:

Thank you. I am pushing now to get the free light promo to become reality!
Old 03-08-2010, 08:33 PM   #6
cancelx
Nervous Groupie
cancelx began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Pro
I'm with nimblem on the sd card over the light, but i believe Robert know that from me (grin)

--but any freebie is always a good and appreciated thing !

Last edited by cancelx; 03-08-2010 at 09:49 PM.
cancelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:25 PM   #7
readinggal
Enthusiast
readinggal began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Samsung Tablet w/ Nook App, PC w/ Windows 8 Kindle App
That is a great idea, I wish they had the light when I got mine.
readinggal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #8
Robertb

Have sent entire thread to Product Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by readinggal View Post
That is a great idea, I wish they had the light when I got mine.
Dear All:

I have copied and sent the entire thread to our illustrious Product Manager. Knowing him he will now consider (not easy for a small brain) about this and render a decision after he is done crashing. His driving record is not great lately.

God willing, common sense will prevail!!
Old 03-12-2010, 08:01 AM   #9
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
It depends.

If the unit had the latest firmware, then I would say the light; If it doesn't have the latest firmware, then an SD card. Why not a choice on the website when you place the order?

Or better yet, just offer $15 off and let the user decide how best to spend their money!
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:26 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Factories rarely (close to never) ship with the latest firmware.
The part loaded with Firmware has a Part number.
Changing the Program loaded requires a Part number change, which has a ton of quality control rules (good policy) and tests to re-qualify the new part.

Only when production "yield" numbers are affected, will a FW change happen on the line without other Hardware changes that require it.

The Logic is: FW is easily field upgradeable without an ECO that affects the line.

IMHO including a low cost SD card, with the, then current FW, at shipping time is a good VAR policy. (Wholesale sales, are most likely going to be out of date because of Warehouse time before the product reaches the end user).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote