Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 01-30-2017, 10:28 AM   #1441
danilodb
danilodb began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi everyone! I'm a new user of COPS and i'm trying to get things working on a Synology NAS. I've installed it and figured out how to get it to read from my directory by-passing open_basedir issue, but now i'm stuck over trying to get custom columns out of my calibre library. I have found config_local.php.example in path /usr/local/cops/share/cops and save it as config_local.php but every change I do in there seems to be useless.
Can someone please help understand if I'm doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance
danilodb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2017, 12:33 PM   #1442
mariosipad
Addict
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin & Kobo Glo HD
@danilodb

I do not have a clue about how to work with custom columns in calibre and/or COPS, but maybe I can point you in a favourable direction.

In config_default.php there are some settings you might need. Copy these settings to your config_local.php. The settings are:
Code:
    /*
     * Custom Columns for the index page
     * to add as an array containing the lookup names configured in Calibre
     * For example : array ("genre", "mycolumn");
     * Note that the composite custom columns are not supported
     */
    $config['cops_calibre_custom_column'] = array();

/*
     * Custom Columns for the list representation
     */
    $config['cops_calibre_custom_column_list'] = array ();

/*
     * Custom Columns for the book preview panel
     */
    $config['cops_calibre_custom_column_preview'] = array ();
I don't know how it works but I hope it helps you.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 04:09 AM   #1443
danilodb
danilodb began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks so much for your help. Actually I was doing good but I was editing wrong file... There is another copy of config_local.php in /var/services/web/cops (this is the path on my Synology NAS DS216play) editing that one all went good.

Thanks again
danilodb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 02:03 PM   #1444
MontyJ
Zealot
MontyJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Well, I am losing hair and grinding down the teeth over this QNAP/COPS/Apache thing.

I have had to completely reset the QNAP system 3 times in the last month, simply because I don't know the ramifications of editing various COPS files, Apache conf files, etc. I am a learn-by-doing advocate, but enough is enough!

Much of the problem is me wanting to install cops v1.0.1 over an existing v1.0.0 install. The posts in this thread clearly indicate all you need to do is unzip v1.0.1 and copy the contents into the existing COPS install folder.

For whatever reason, that simply does not work. So my first question is:

What is the benefit of using v1.0.1?

The changelog shows 6 'fixes', none of which seem to be more than cosmetic. So is it a big deal to stick with v1.0.0?

My second question is:

v1.0.0 has a (to me, a real noob) convoluted install in the QNAP in:

Code:
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/COPS/COPS
The contents of the first COPS folder is:
Code:
[/share/Web/COPS] # ls -la /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/COPS
drwxr-xr-x    3 admin    administ      4096 Feb  2 14:53 ./
drwxrwxrwx   12 admin    administ      4096 Feb  3 10:24 ../
-rw-r--r--    1 admin    administ      4505 Feb  2 13:38 .list
-rw-r--r--    1 admin    administ      3861 Jan 11  2015 .qpkg_icon.gif
-rw-r--r--    1 admin    administ      3861 Jan 11  2015 .qpkg_icon_80.gif
-rw-r--r--    1 admin    administ      2401 Jan 11  2015 .qpkg_icon_gray.gif
-rwxr-xr-x    1 admin    administ       762 Feb  2 13:38 .uninstall.sh*
drwxr-xr-x    8 admin    administ      4096 Feb  2 20:18 COPS/
-rwxr-xr-x    1 admin    administ      1697 Jan 11  2015 COPS.sh*
-rw-r--r--    1 admin    administ      1400 Feb  3 10:10 accesCops.htpasswd
-rw-r--r--    1 admin    administ        43 Jan 11  2015 accesCops.htpasswd.org
[/share/Web/COPS] #
The second COPS folder contains all the normal COPS files and sub-folders, and appears to be "simlinked" to /share/Web/COPS.

So, if I do copy v1.0.1 files/folders into /share/Web/COPS, how about the "index.php" file that comes with v1.0.1? Should I copy it into the /share/Web folder over the original v1.0.0 version?

I really am trying to make this work. I gave up on QApache, which supposedly had better logging options, and am trying to make this work with plain old Apache and .htaccess.

I am frustrated that to me, this is so obtuse. It is as if it was all aimed at web designers, CNE's or php/json coders. By that I mean if a .qpkg is made for v1.0.0, why isn't v1.0.1 updated with a .qpkg. I realize the developer has larger fish to fry, but if it is supported and new versions released, why force noobs like me to lose more hair trying to dig into the install minutia to make the dang thing work? I really don't have that much hair to lose...

Sorry for venting, but there it is. The actual questions above are few, but any tips/hints at all might point me to a solution.

Thanks!
MontyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 05:14 PM   #1445
mariosipad
Addict
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin & Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
What is the benefit of using v1.0.1?

The changelog shows 6 'fixes', none of which seem to be more than cosmetic. So is it a big deal to stick with v1.0.0?
The difference between version 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 is not worth cutting your hair and pulling your teeth over.
If version 1.0.0 works for you there is no compelling reason to "upgrade" to version 1.0.1. For the time being I suggest you stay with 1.0.0. and enjoy a working system.

As to your second question:
The .qpkg package probably is not made by the developer of COPS, but by someone in the QNAP community (or QNAP themselves). Version 1.0.1 is simply to "new" (or has not enough fixes and/or enhancements to warrant a new .qpkg package).

I you still want to "upgrade" to version 1.0.1 you should copy all the new COPS files in /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/COPS/COPS .

If in the future you want to upgrade to version 1.0.2/1.1.0 (they are the same?) DON'T!!!.
For this you really should wait for a .qpkg package or really know what you are doing.

In my experience the developers of Synology and QNAP make their filesystems needlessly complicated. Perhaps for a (good) reason. But after wrestling with a Synology in the past I can relate to your "frustration".
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology