Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #256
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hmm... Coolreader 3.. I think you have a PW?

I would go with KOREADER as my first choice on that device. No disrespect to the other dev intended.

I don't see the link between Collection manager and Coolreader - are you inferring you think there is one? Cheers
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #257
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen) v5.14.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I don't see the link between Collection manager and Coolreader - are you inferring you think there is one? Cheers
As I understand this post here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...89#post2278589

It requires Collection manager as a first step and CM requires FW 3.5.3.
readandread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #258
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by readandread View Post
As I understand this post here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...89#post2278589

It requires Collection manager as a first step and CM requires FW 3.5.3.
It says to follow the directions.

Which is evidently intended to mean that you should install the same prerequisites that all of our active documents require.

Should have everything covered in the KUAL prerequisites package (KUAL is also an active document).
And it was recently re-packaged this week.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #259
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

what knc1 said. but I don't recall this being a PW specific project.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:17 AM   #260
CrazyCoder
Zealot
CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (10th gen), Kobo Libra 2, Onyx Leaf2 Black
You don't need collection manager, you just need the same dependencies as collection manager requires, so Cool Reader will work fine on 3.5.3.
CrazyCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:56 AM   #261
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen) v5.14.2
Doesn't seem to work.

The Developer Certificates Bundle are only for Kindle Paperwhite: Firmware 5.2.0 - 5.3.4

I do get the Cool Reader book on my Kindle OS Shelf, but when I click it the screen goes black for a few seconds and then normal again.

I've followed these directions:

Cool Reader 3 for Kindle Paperwhite and Touch.

1. Follow the instructions from Collections Manager. Ensure it works on your device.
2. Download cr3-kindle-2012-10-04.zip, unpack, copy cr3, qtKindle, usrapp directories to the Kindle drive root. It's a base older version.
3. Download/clone GitHub repository.
4. From dist-kt folder copy all the files to Kindle (overwriting existing files from step 2). It's the most recent version update.
5. Run Cool Reader from the shelf.
readandread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:03 AM   #262
twobob

Developer certs come bundled with your KUAL prerequisites...
And they are UTTERLY FW version agnostic.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:24 AM   #263
cnticws
cnticws can extract oil from cheesecnticws can extract oil from cheesecnticws can extract oil from cheesecnticws can extract oil from cheesecnticws can extract oil from cheesecnticws can extract oil from cheesecnticws can extract oil from cheesecnticws can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
How can i read Chinese book via cr3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCoder View Post
Cool Reader 3 for Kindle Paperwhite and Touch.

1. Follow the instructions from Collections Manager. Ensure it works on your device.
2. Download cr3-kindle-2012-10-04.zip, unpack, copy cr3, qtKindle, usrapp directories to the Kindle drive root. It's a base older version.
3. Download/clone GitHub repository.
4. From dist-kt folder copy all the files to Kindle (overwriting existing files from step 2). It's the most recent version update.
5. Run Cool Reader from the shelf.

Thanks! i can run cr3 on my kindle paperwhite 5.3.5, but i can NOT read book in Chinese, it is only ??

How can i change the font and other properties to read Chinese book?

Thanks!
cnticws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #264
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnticws View Post
Thanks! i can run cr3 on my kindle paperwhite 5.3.5, but i can NOT read book in Chinese, it is only ??

Thanks!
You didn't mention the format of the book. Anyway, I'm just guessing here - but make sure that the book is encoded in UTF-8, not some other funky encoding.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #265
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnticws View Post

Thanks!
You have to go to "Settings" (touch the upper region of your Kindle to invoke the menu), then change the "Text Font" to any Chinese font. That will solve your problem.
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:11 AM   #266
discopig
Book Addict
discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
CoolReader is great for epub, thanks!
discopig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:52 AM   #267
lisq1
lisq1 began at the beginning.

Device: lbook v3+, Onyx I62, K4NT
Welcome. I need a launcher file for coolreader from folder "documents". Unwittingly I deleted it . I have K4NT. Thanks.
lisq1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #268
CrazyCoder
Zealot
CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (10th gen), Kobo Libra 2, Onyx Leaf2 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisq1 View Post
Welcome. I need a launcher file for coolreader from folder "documents". Unwittingly I deleted it . I have K4NT. Thanks.
If you need just the launcher: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...unner-2.7.azw2 .

For the full reinstall with permissions patching: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ndlerunner.zip .
CrazyCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #269
cnticws
cnticws can extract oil from cheesecnticws can extract oil from cheesecnticws can extract oil from cheesecnticws can extract oil from cheesecnticws can extract oil from cheesecnticws can extract oil from cheesecnticws can extract oil from cheesecnticws can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
thank you. i have found the menu, and i can read boos in Chinese. But the file name in the list is .... if the name of book contains Chinese charactor.
cnticws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #270
Anaksulnamun
Anaksulnamun began at the beginning.

Device: E90
How can I move to a particular page?
Anaksulnamun is offline   Reply With Quote