Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
Ingrid
Ingrid doesn't litterIngrid doesn't litter

Device: iPhone. Opus. Kindle 3 incoming...
Cool Kindle 3 incoming (Norway)

I already have an e-ink reader (Bookeen Opus), but the formats, the un-DRMing and the conversions just drive me crazy. And before I can even begin doing all that I have to try to buy the books in five different stores and fail because I live in the wrong territory. (Geographic publishing restrictions is the donkey's dung!) Kindle + Amazon is just click, download and read. Why on Earth should reading ebooks be more complicated than that? For now I've only used Kindle for iPhone and PC so how well it works in real life I'll see by the end of this month. Shouldn't be that different I think. My Kindle should be shipping around 09/20 and arrive shortly after that. Just thought I'd share my thoughts and experiences with my fellow Northern-Europeans, cause I know this is one of those things that come up from time to time.

Looking forward to seeing how it compares to the Opus, battery-life, page-turn speed and all that. I'll update this thread with my experiences once I've had time to try it out.

Sayounara!
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:03 PM   #2
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrid View Post
I already have an e-ink reader (Bookeen Opus), but the formats, the un-DRMing and the conversions just drive me crazy. And before I can even begin doing all that I have to try to buy the books in five different stores and fail because I live in the wrong territory. (Geographic publishing restrictions is the donkey's dung!)
^sigh^ sorry to be bursting your bubble but geographic restrictions happen on amazon as well
i've come across it quite often and i agree: it's the pigeon's poop!
edit: but at least most of the books will be in one place.

that hasn't stopped me from ordering my K3 though

Last edited by TenaciousBadger; 09-02-2010 at 02:09 PM.
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Where are you buying books from, to need conversion ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 3, norway, opus, scandinavia