Notices

Old 01-29-2010, 08:00 AM   #451
ahawk
ahawk began at the beginning.

Device: ds800s
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
You have to wait until it is green.
I have been waiting for nearly 30hrs......
I am not sure what happened....but it works fine
ahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:03 AM   #452
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahawk View Post
My impression simply was, there is no green light.
After 10 hours it HAS to be fully powered up.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2010, 08:20 AM   #453
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
I have checked my DR1000.ini file, and it says somewhere:
/apps/er/sys/display/rotation=anticlockwise

what if you would change this in:
/apps/er/sys/display/rotation=clockwise
and add it to the dr.ini file on your DR800S...

This is the value that changes in my dr1000.ini file when I change it from clockwise to anticlockwise rotation...
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:41 AM   #454
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahawk View Post
Well. If it says in manuals wait until it is green, then you should wait. If it never turns green then the unit must be sent back for a replacement as a faulty one.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:46 AM   #455
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauli View Post

This is the value that changes in my dr1000.ini file when I change it from clockwise to anticlockwise rotation...
No such entry in the iRex 800 ini-File: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=396 per se.
But good idea of course, will try it later on.
Advert
Old 01-29-2010, 08:48 AM   #456
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Well. If it says in manuals wait until it is green, then you should wait. If it never turns green then the unit must be sent back for a replacement as a faulty one.
Maybe the manual is wrong or vague?
Old 01-29-2010, 08:51 AM   #457
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:

Any idea how to rotate by 180° for the left handed members?

Last edited by mgmueller; 01-29-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:56 AM   #458
Gertjan
ex-IRX developer
Gertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litter

Device: Irex DR800S, DR1000S, iLiad
Quote:
There appears to be an issue with the green LED indication. It will turn green once the battery is fully charged, but immediately set to yellow/orange as soon as you do anything. This will be fixed in the next release.

Meanwhile the icon in the statusbar is a good indicator. When you click the icon, a dialog shows the percentage of charge available.
Gertjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #459
professzore
Connoisseur
professzore began at the beginning.

Device: Something 8" in a 6" body: RS800 or similar (txtr with +2 inches)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Any idea how to rotate by 180% for the left handed members?
Gertjan!
It's a really good idea! I'm right handed, but lot of people hold the device both in left and right hand, so this feature may be a very good improvement...
I know, Menu button gets on the top, but this isn't serious.
professzore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:11 AM   #460
DeReader
Connoisseur
DeReader doesn't litterDeReader doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1, iRex DR1000S, Kindle DXG, Jetbook Color
Quote:

I tried this, but it does not have any effect. Would be nice if the screen could be turned 0, 90, 180 and 270 degrees.

But that aside, I really like what the DR800S does, did a lot of reading this week and the battery gauge is still 44%.

The speed of the device also impresses me, primarily reading PDFs, on the ePub side there could be some improvements speedwise, but my primary format at the moment is PDF.
DeReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:12 AM   #461
olis
Zealot
olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: prs-500, Nokia N810, Irex dr1000s, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertjan View Post
The user manual only mentions an "off" state with a quick power "on", though this is technically implemented as standby (suspend to RAM). A brief slide of the power button - no need to hold it for 2-3 seconds - switches to "off" (standby). As mentioned earlier, power consumption is minimal in this mode. Another brief slide switches it back on (resume) in a few seconds, retaining the reading state.
That is a great functionality.
Is there any chance of implementing "suspend to RAM" (standby) on the dr1000?

Last edited by olis; 01-29-2010 at 11:05 AM.
olis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:22 AM   #462
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertjan View Post
A brief slide of the power button - no need to hold it for 2-3 seconds - switches to "off" (standby).
Quote:
Then there is the auto-power-off feature. It puts the device into "off" (standby) after 30 minutes of inactivity.
In regards to your use of the word standby, which you earlier defined as suspend-to-ram, can I assume the two standby states above are the same (standby from brief slide of switch and standby from 30 minutes inactivity)?

How is this standby state different from what was provided to the dr1000s as of firmware 1.5? I think some dr1000s users still think the power management is less than great, so something must be implemented differently on the dr800s if weeks of standby is possible now.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:24 AM   #463
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Maybe the manual is wrong or vague?
Then I would be very concerned about shedding $500 for a gadget made by company that cannot write the proper manual.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:38 AM   #464
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
Has anyone tried to open a .html file? I'm curious how the browser looks like (I believe the ebook mall interface on the dr800sg uses the browser and there is a zoom function in the menu). An association to the .html extension may be needed to be made in the .ini file and perhaps also the sdcard folder mod is needed to browse to those files.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:39 AM   #465
Gertjan
ex-IRX developer
Gertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litter

Device: Irex DR800S, DR1000S, iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001 View Post
In regards to your use of the word standby, which you earlier defined as suspend-to-ram, can I assume the two standby states above are the same (standby from brief slide of switch and standby from 30 minutes inactivity)?
Yes, they are identical.

Quote:
How is this standby state different from what was provided to the dr1000s as of firmware 1.5?.
DR1000 does not have this standby mode. It only has the low power sleep mode (sometimes referred to as "suspend"), which DR800 uses too. Sleep mode is entered when the device is idle for a few seconds, the display content is retained. During standby, the display is cleared.

I try to avoid the therm "suspend-to-RAM" as is a misleading. It generally only applies to the OS and micro processor, where power management on the device involves a whole lot more hardware. Technically the sleep mode and standby both suspend to RAM, but they are very different.
Gertjan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
irex 800