Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-15-2018, 01:30 PM   #1
davem2bits
Enthusiast
davem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Voyage
Overdrive Library: Premature holds available problem

Did anyone else receive emails from your library announcing an ebook you have on hold is available or automatically checked out? And then when you login at the library site, the ebook is not available and is not scheduled to be released for several weeks/months.
davem2bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:59 PM   #2
Pierre Menard
Zealot
Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Menard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Nook HD+, Nook Simple Touch
Yup, got a few of those today.
Pierre Menard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2018, 02:12 PM   #3
davem2bits
Enthusiast
davem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Menard View Post
Yup, got a few of those today.
May I ask if you get your ebooks from Multnomah County Library in Oregon, or is this problem more widespread?
davem2bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:24 PM   #4
blueinfj
Enthusiast
blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.blueinfj knows what's going on.

Device: iPhone, iPad, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by davem2bits View Post
May I ask if you get your ebooks from Multnomah County Library in Oregon, or is this problem more widespread?

I have the same problem, with both the Brooklyn Public Library and Orange County Library System.
blueinfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:30 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's a wide spread problem which I also have.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2018, 02:35 PM   #6
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I got two such notices for books that are being released tomorrow. I have about a half-dozen more holds for upcoming releases, and they were unaffected. I just figured it was some glitch in the date this week.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:49 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you have auto-checkout on, you may have lost your place in line as once it's borrowed, you may be able to only return it. You cannot download it. So if you can return it, you'll have to return it and get back in line. That means you might have a longer wait. Luckily, the one book I returned and replaced on hold has me back as first in line and I expect it to have a line eventually. It's the next In Death book due out January 30.

I have one book I have to wait until it expires as I tried to borrow it and then download. But that failed. Fortunately, I set myself to 7-days and only have to wait a week to replace the hold.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:46 PM   #8
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I've got the same problem at Orange County and Brooklyn. One is due tomorrow but the other is on Feb 5. I think I'm going to drop an email to the library.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:39 PM   #9
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I have several books on hold and haven't received any notices today. However, none of my holds are on pre-order books and I do not have autocheckout set on.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:09 PM   #10
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I have several books on hold and haven't received any notices today. However, none of my holds are on pre-order books and I do not have autocheckout set on.
Same here with the two I had on hold (one was automatically checked out to me this morning). So it must only affect books that are on pre-order.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:24 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

The problem has been fixed. I checked and everything is back to normal.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:25 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Same here with the two I had on hold (one was automatically checked out to me this morning). So it must only affect books that are on pre-order.
It only affected eBooks where you were first or one of the first on release day.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:07 PM   #13
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
My two were also moved from borrowed back to holds.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:36 AM   #14
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
My two were also moved from borrowed back to holds.
Mine also. It even remembered my hold position.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:38 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

It was definitely an odd error. One I've never seen before. Glad it got fixed instead of us having to go to the back of the line.